Cannot engrave sample circle

• I am completely new to both laser engraving and T2Laser trial software. I have an EleksMaker A5 and have loaded 1.1e firmware. (I'm not at all sure that this was the right thing to do, but I struggled to find clear directions.)

I was able to load the sample 50 mm square and burnt that without a problem, but I am now unable to burn any other shape. I can alter the size, but nothing I do changes the shape. It is as if it has the G code for a square "stuck" in the system somewhere, but I cannot see how G code is generated in the first place, or where it is stored.

I feel sure that I am making a simple newbie error here, but I am stuck so any assistance would be appreciated

• You can clear the sketch board by using the clear sub-menu in the file menu. Draw again then click on the gear icon top right so you are back on the image/drawing setup. There if you click on the laser control icon it will create the gcode.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Midimanz I've never heard of that problem. If you click the circle example what does it look like on screen? You can clear using the File/Clear option or just restart T2Laser.

If it looks correct on screen, then when you generate the G-code it would be correct, but you can use the simulation "View" to check it.

If it's not coming out like it shows then you have some mechanical issue.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.