T2Laser - Start print half in if computer crashes

• Heya!

Is there any way to start a print at any other point than the beginning?
    We all know how Windows and its stability is. Even T2 hangs freezes sometimes.
    I can't find any easy way to do this. I want to have the availablity to import the saved Grbl file and then move to the % where engraving stopped.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Martian I've ran hundreds of jobs using different computers, some for dozens of hours and never had a fail due to my computer or software hanging. Check you have all the power saving disabled and a reliable USB cable.

Anyway, to answer the question. You can delete the G-code that's already been completed, just leave the header and first few lines alone that get the machine prepared. There are other methods to fix the job but they would take longer. You can place a piece of scrap over the area that's been engraved or you could leave the laser off, pause when it gets to where you need to continue and then turn the laser on. There may be a darker area where it's double engraved.

• @Zax Ok so there is no way to in the program tell it to start at a certain row then.
    But ok I'll try the deleting code from the file. That's probably good enough. Thanks for the advise. Now i actually let it start from the beginning if something goes wrong. Which is not that often at all but it happens. Conveniently enough the laser got a button on top to toggle between engraving and a blue dot so you can set to focus (Eleksmaker a3 with 2.5w) but i don't want to wait for it if there is a way to start in the middle of the engraving.

• @Zax Can you add the functionality of resuming from a certain %age, please, so that T2 Laser auto skips the G-Code upto that mark and resumes the job. This would be a great help and a small step with big impact in this software.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@vivek.khanna I will investigate options, perhaps I could add a way to resume from a particular location.

• @Zax Yea.. that would be a big step in laser engraving using T2 :)

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.