DOA Z axis stepper motor

• Bought a EleksMill from BangGood and these are the issues I found during the build and trying to run it.

Link for the instructions works but is incomplete, doesn't show how to wire the stepper motors into the control board (good old YouTube to the rescue).

Missing 8 m3x12 screws, no big deal but had to go out and buy some to finish building it.

2 of the linear bearings had balls fall out while inserting the rods (no force used), which will undoubtedly effect the running of the machine and the finished items.

Z axis stepper motor dead and just doesn't work, Y and X axis works fine.

So far the only fix from BangGood is that they want me to try an find someone (in Australia) to fix it and if the cost is reasonable they will refund the cost.

Not a good start for someone wanting to learn CNC machining and the response from BangGood in my opinion is appalling.

• @teambear Is the stepper making noise at all or just not moving. I just put mine together the other day and the friction in the linear bearings on the z axis was too high and prevented anything from moving. I exercised the slides and put a little lubricant on it and then it worked.

Good luck.

• @seadraggin said in DOA Z axis stepper motor:

@teambear Is the stepper making noise at all or just not moving. I just put mine together the other day and the friction in the linear bearings on the z axis was too high and prevented anything from moving. I exercised the slides and put a little lubricant on it and then it worked.

Good luck.

No movement at all, doesn't even attempt to move.

I have sent links for the parts I need to Camille@BangGood and I am just waiting to hear back fro Her.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.