T2 with Eleksmaker A3 Pro, Z axis and CNC Motor

• Zax
    In my other thread T2 showed up as a good option for my A3 and so i am looking to make the purchase - especially having seen the YT videos whihc make it look so straight forward to use.
    Before i make my final decision i just wanted to check with you about driver options.
    I currently have the standard 2 axis Mana controller that comes with the A3 so no Z axis fitted right now.
    I have the 3 axis Mana controller arriving any day so will then refit the Z axis and set it up for that controller. This then also allows me to swap between Laser (2.5) and CNC motor (Eleksmaker 555).
    I understand T2 will work with both but wanted to check a couple of things first please.

1. Should I use the Elekscam drivers or should I use GBRL - if so which version and is there somewhere specific to download it from.
    2. Are there any YT tutorials on using T2 with the Z axis and a CNC motor?
    3. Any other things i should bear in mind when using this quick swap option?

Thanks - looking forward to using T2, just have to decide which PC i put it on and i will go ahead.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@modellermark2

1. I think you mean the firmware not the drivers, the drivers are the same CH340 that you probably have installed already. I recommend using my firmware (Grbl 1.1e) as compared to Eleks (Grbl 0.9).

2. I haven't created any but there may be some, I do have a PDF that covers the basics and as you said, T2Laser is very easy to use but also powerful. Send me a PM with your e-mail address or just e-mail me and I will send you the files.

3. No, just don't have both connected at the same time ;)

Have you considered adding home switches?

• Thanks for the advice - Message sent with my email address in - very helpful as always and i look forward to seeing the PDFs :-)
    I will look up how to do the firmware update (#edit# included within T2?) .. will it still work with Elekscam once on 1.1e?
    What do home switches do? Is this covered somewhere? ... i love to add extras to everything so keen to know what these do and how to do it :laughing: .... #edit# Looks like these may be end stop switches like I use on my 3D printer?
    Thanks again

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.