EleksDraw not accurate

• Hello,
    I’ve recently assembled EleksDraw with Mana SE controller.
    The build was simple enough and the final product looks solid.
    The core is moving smoothly and the belt is adjusted not too tight. Or too loose.
    The problem that I’m having is that the drawing isn’t accurate.
    While it starts drawing OK, as time goes by the drawing drifts and the final drawing isn’t acceptable
    I’ve flashed latest EleksROM 3.8 and I’m using EleksCam and T2Laser.
    It seems that using outline drawing gets better results than drawing line by line.
    Looking for suggestions as I don’t know what to do.
    No one will accept drawings that look like that.

Thanks
    Yoram

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@yoram If it is shifting you are losing steps, this is either a mechanical issue and your setup is not as good as you think or the motor current is not setup correctly. The EleksDraw works great although the pen holder design could be improved.

• I have just bought an EleksDraw from Banggood. Having assembled it, I realised that the pen carriage is only held by 2 screws into the brass runners through the end of the Y carriage. This allows the pen to move if either of the 2 screws become loose Thus, the axes will not repeat accurately. This meant I've had to modify the carriage, as others have done, or check the pen tightness before every plot. My immediate solution, has been to drill 2 more holes on the end of the Y carriage, in line with the other ends of the brass slides and fix with 2 more screws. The other thing I noticed and found a useful help over was: the sticking of the carriage bearings, if you over tighten the 6 screws on the top of the carriage plate. If you push the carriage up and down by hand, when the motors are powered off, you should feel any 'sticking' or resistance along the movement. Obviously, such resistance, in places, will cause missed steps. After these 'mechanical' checks, you could then look at electrics and control.
    Another accuracy test to try. See if you can get a drawing of a matrix grid, across the maximum drawing area and look for distortions to the squares. Then, concentric circles, that will use angular motion across 2 axes. If these tests work well, at least once, or a few times but degrade over time, it strongly suggests mechanical 'movement'. Hope this helps.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.