Fastest way to engrave

• Hello,

I have the A3 2500mW and I-m using EleksCAM, everything works fine, but it takes a lot of time to engrave anything.

So I`m wondering if someone can tellme what would be the best configuration and software to engrave faster.

Is it possible with EleksCAM or it would be better with benbox?

Thanks,
    David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

Benbox has one speed, tortoise = really slow!

EleksCAM is a little more flexible as you can change the resolution, but you will be trading quality for speed (you can't have both... or can you?).

I wrote T2Laser as an alternative (you can test the free trial), it has a few options to solve this problem. You can do a low resolution raster scan and then add a vector outline to produce crisp edges, it's like using a fine pen to draw the outline and then fill with some larger markers. The other option is to use a pseudo vector fill, called a hatch pattern. These are both suited to artwork/logos rather than images which still need raster mode and are slow.

@DCAEIRO said in Fastest way to engrave:

Hello,

I have the A3 2500mW and I-m using EleksCAM, everything works fine, but it takes a lot of time to engrave anything.

So I`m wondering if someone can tellme what would be the best configuration and software to engrave faster.

Is it possible with EleksCAM or it would be better with benbox?

Thanks,
    David

Post a picture of what you are are doing.

Line by line (raster/scan) back and forth will always take time; even on 7000k $ Lasers the line by line (raster/scan) will take time.

You can increase you feed rate but increased speed can cause other issues.

Zax has a great program to do "hatch fill".

There are also free options for hatch fill.

Here's an example, line scanning (raster) even at lower resolution will take over 5 minutes, using vector hatch it is 2 minutes or 3 minutes for cross hatch.
    0_1491414041584_eleksmaker_hatch.jpg

Zax has a great program and well worth it. This took 6 minutes and is half the size of the image that took 11 minutes

alt text

However below is what can be with inkscape and elekscam (both are free program) - took 11minutes

alt text

The difference is the process to generate it using Inkscape, first you have to trace bitmap (results can vary) and then using a plug-in to add the hatch and save the output to import to Elekscam. Using T2Laser you load the image and click a button. Of course this is just one of many features.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wheupn79caedncx/T2Laser_Intro4.pdf?dl=1

• Thanks for your answers,

On the left is what I need to do (I did it with a mini NEJE and it is really slow, that's why I decided to upgrade to the EleksLaser and because it has a bigger area to engrave) and on the right is what I get with the EleksLaser.

alt text

I may need your help because I think that the distance in Y needs to be configurated (am I right?).

I will try both, the Inkscape with elekscam and the T2laser (where can I download it to test?) and than I'll give feedback.

I think you need to raster engrave that, and probably at high resolution. It won't be fast. Try 0.1 as a good compromise.

T2Laser can be downloaded from multiple sites, I recommend CNET:
    http://download.cnet.com/T2Laser/3000-2130_4-76476538.html

• I think that T2Laser will do the job! It prints fast comparing to EleksCam and it's simple and efficient.

Inkscape can be good, but it takes a long time to learn how to use it and i don't have it now.

T2 now has the hatch fill built in. I do a lot with inkscape... or at least I used to. T2 does almost anything I would normally use inkscape for

• I am stumped. I have a black and white drawing PDF, but I would like to convert the black to a cross hatch. How do i go about doing this?

@eastvan said in Fastest way to engrave:

I am stumped. I have a black and white drawing PDF, but I would like to convert the black to a cross hatch. How do i go about doing this?

Look up nottingham's youtube channel, he has several videos on that

@eastvan if you post your PDF I will do a special video just covering your instance.

• 0_1493772470593_resurrection  1.jpg

• @nottingham82 Thank you. I really appreciate this.

@eastvan just to confirm the file you loaded appears on my end as a png image. was it supposed to be a pdf? Also what software do you want to use the image on? T2 or Elekscam?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.