T2 setup for 555 spindle motor for Laser A3 pro with Draw Module

• Just got the 555 spindle motor and I want to use it with my Laser A3 pro.
    I guess the 2 wire connector connects to the motor port on SE board for power.
    There is also a red 2 wire port on the motor. What is this use for?
    What would be the set up in T2 to control on/off and the RPM of the spindle in laser A3 pro mode?
    I would like to use it with the Draw module (making my own adapter with a spring so it is not so heavy for up and down).
    Can they both be controlled at the same time with T2?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Josephus The spindle operates just like a laser, I'm not sure about the draw module - is that a servo for Z-axis? You would need to use the 0.9 Eleks Mana firmware to support that.

• @Zax Draw module works on the servo port and not the motor port. (you gave me the instruction for T2 and works fine)
    For the draw module the laser power has to be set to 45 so the lifter is not over powered and T2 configuration is to A1.
    What I do not understand is how the laser power setting can affect all ports, laser, servo and motor?

• @Zax So should I use A0 (laser) in T2 configuration to operate 555 spindle motor as there are no options for motor?

@Josephus That would be correct, but I don't see how this would work. The servo uses the same PWM output as the laser/motor (D11). Basically the Z-servo for the pen is the same function as the laser power or spindle speed.

• @Zax Thanks Zax :). I tested it and it works as you said. Only one of the 3 ports can be used at a time. That makes sense to me know. To do what I want to try will require the 555 spindle to have its own power, independently of SE and T2 control. What will be critical for my application is YX position and up/down from the draw module which SE and T2 can do very well. Thanks for your help.

@Josephus That would be the simplest solution, just manually turn the spindle on / off and let the servo be the Z-axis. Good thinking!

• Hey, do You use Eleks Mana firmware or just use servo port without changing firmware?

@Zefirek The EleksDraw must use the Eleks Mana firmware as it has both CoreXY and Servo enabled. Grbl 1.1 is a too large with those features and homing enabled to fit the Nano memory, although it is possible if you either drop homing or the boot loader.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.