Feature Request

• Zax--

I'm loving the T2 laser software and I've been able to do some fun projects with it so far. I do have a couple of feature requests:

1. Currently there is the option to do horizontal scanning and diagonal scanning, can you add options to do vertical and a second diagonal that is turned 90 degrees from the existing diagonal?
    2. Add an option to do a 2-pass (or if request #1 is implemented) a 4-pass scan for pictures that would do a horizontal burn followed by a diagonal (and on the 4-pass, horizontal, diagonal, vertical, reverse diagonal) within a single burn session?

I've been burning some softer wood blocks with high-detail images and I've noticed that I get the cleanest look by doing 2-4 mid-power burns while alternating between horizontal and diagonal cuts to limit "banding". I think things would look even cleaner if vertical and reverse diagonal cuts were also added.

Thanks!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@willis Interesting ideas.

1. The problem with vertical scanning is the increased mass which makes backlash worse, but a rotate diagonal wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

2. I've already been considering allowing multi-pass raster scanning, I am concerned with registration but if your machine is well setup that shouldn't be too much of an issue. I could certainly combine these.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will add them to my "wish list" but can't commit at the moment due to other priorities.

• @Zax

Thanks for the reply and for adding it to the "wish list". And I understand about the potential problems with the momentum in vertical cuts. And again, I really appreciate the work that you put into this excellent product.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.