R.I.P. - My EleksDRAW servo is dead and power button ill :(

Approximately 4 hours of work and servo is dead - jammed. Ruined one of my almost done work as don't lift pen anymore and draws lines where it should not.
    Obviously I must connect BangGood, but I wanted to inform you, creators, also, as using servo is very weak link in your creature and another weak link, as odd as it sounds, is your Mana power button as just little touching it can interrupt power. I lost many times power on EleksDRAW and realized that power button is faulty as even small vibration can interrupt the power. :(
    What I should do? Ask from BangGood replacement of both - servo and Mana SE board?

Here is a video about faulty power button:
    Youtube Video

And some videos taken before servo jam:
    Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• ElekMaker Develop Department

our servo is EMAX 9g servo , which is the best of 9g servo.... didnt like other company use cheap 9g servo

maybe you lack of some luck...i am apologize with that...

you can contact to banggood and ask for Customer service

Best Regards,
    Z

@EleksMaker-Z , maybe it is bad luck, but the way, how your Mana board and logic uses the servo, is not just the best. In drawing aka servo mode it still depends from laser power settings!? Why? For non-experienced user it is very confusing.
    And I contacted BangGood. No answer until now, althogh I'm VIP5 customer. But anyway - if you are manufacturers, then you are still responsible about warranty. Don't you think that you can quicker satisfy your customers and make yourself better reputation, if there is one link less in that sad repairing chain?
    And what about problem with Mana SE board power? It is much worse problem then just a jammed servo?

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@MuuSer
    I think the mana se question is the tester cant check the welding state of power switch , so he tested okey , but in fact its not
    well welding..

Personally, I'm sorry about this failed , cause its a low probability event , and thx for point out ! we well recheck this thing in the future.

we want to directly support repairing chain , but cause the international postage cost , and low price high performance product strategy , we cant do that easily...

all in all , i am sorry for the failed your come up with . we will contact banggood and try to fix that.

Best Regards,
    Z

@EleksMaker-Z Thanks a lot.

• My servo got burnt on the very first day, I got a replacement on the local market.
    As soon as I connected the machine to the computer and powered it on for the very first time, the servo got jammed, there was the cracking sound. I thought, I have to do something in software, so I was trying to find the right button, and after a minute I felt a smell of burned electronics. Servo was really hot.

For the replacement I've got the same size servo with metal gears instead of plastic (I don't know weather it's really better for this purpose or not), just picked whatever they had on the market.

Looks like, there are 4 transistors in a bridge circuit, one of which got burnt (see picture):

0_1491898154583_IMG_0036.JPG

@hidoba
    I replaced it with SG90 servo as I have plenty of them and it works. But there are at least one advantage and one disadvantage on using SG90. In minus side I lost 5mm of Y axis movement as SG90 is a little taller, but in other side - pen can now move up and down almost 3 centimetres. It's good when you want for example draw on slightly curved pages...
    But of course, with original servo that bigger movement of pen is also doable.

• @MuuSer can you please take a photo showing the location of the servo hand at S0 (fully up) position? To help me set mine properly.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

You can flip the pen holder around (upside down) then the screw will contact the end of the servo arm which gives it much more leverage (torque) and additional movement. The pen attachment (z-axis if you like) is the worst part of this otherwise well engineered machine.

@hidoba yes - i can, but unfortunately that drawing buddy is in my office and I am now two days away from that, so not later than Friday I shoot and upload picture.
    But until then - for proper servo hand position just play with laser on-off switch in EleksCam. If you switch laser off, then servo stays always in one position. If you turn it on, servo hand position (turns counter-clockwise and lowers) depends about laser power slider position in Settings tab. So you can see and adjust easily up position of servo hand.
    As SG90 hand is little bit taller than original one, I switched lower screws of pen holder as in original pen holder right one is taller and rely on servo hand base. Now - when I have longer servo hand, I screwed that longer screw to left side and now servo hand tip rises and chops down the pen holder...
    @Zax yes - I agree with you -

The pen attachment (z-axis if you like) is the worst part of this otherwise well engineered machine.

@hidoba I will take a picture this evening and post it.

Here are some pictures. In T2Laser I use 50 as pen down as it provides the maximum travel, higher values make minimal difference in travel (max 80 without hitting the bracket).
    0_1491947855684_servo_pos.jpg

I also flipped the holder around to show you the difference.
    0_1491947964208_ed_holder_inverted.jpg

Here I mounted a drag knife to cut vinyl, you will need to add a small weight.
    0_1491948048920_drag_knife.jpg

@Zax neat drag knife idea :wink:

Does it work?

Yes, I think with a replacement holder it would work OK but it needs more testing.

Got e-mail from BangGood today and they wrote that send me servo and board as soon as possible as they are now out of stock.

So thanks, BangGood - from me only good words for you. Just a few problems in our huge history together and all them are managed satisfactorily. Thanks!

@hidoba, take my apologia as I promised to take some photos for you, but I forgot then that today is holiday and as my EleksDRAW is in my office and I'm in home, I can't do them until Monday. But I hope that @Zax's photos already helped you...

@hidoba, I hope that you already adjusted your servo hand position. Uploaded a video where you can peek if you pause it, my SG90 servo hand in upper position.
    Youtube Video

@MuuSer Looks good.

the music is so peaceful!!

Thanks @Zax and @nottingham82.

Glory to the computer age! :angel:

That music and also previous one in scrambled egg clip are purely computer generated. If interested, just search phrase 'cgMusic'.

• Thanks @MuuSer and @Zax for your pictures! My new servo is working perfectly with light loads. For heavier things I've already got the JX 6221MG (bigger size) and still waiting for 5kg micro size servo....

So, the question is, how much power can I draw from the Servo port? I've tried connecting my 6221MG, it's working well, but in the beginning of the movement the blue LED goes a little dimmer, so I'm a slightly afraid to experiment with this servo yet.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.