R.I.P. - My EleksDRAW servo is dead and power button ill :(

• Developer of T2Laser Software

Yes, I think with a replacement holder it would work OK but it needs more testing.

Got e-mail from BangGood today and they wrote that send me servo and board as soon as possible as they are now out of stock.

So thanks, BangGood - from me only good words for you. Just a few problems in our huge history together and all them are managed satisfactorily. Thanks!

@hidoba, take my apologia as I promised to take some photos for you, but I forgot then that today is holiday and as my EleksDRAW is in my office and I'm in home, I can't do them until Monday. But I hope that @Zax's photos already helped you...

@hidoba, I hope that you already adjusted your servo hand position. Uploaded a video where you can peek if you pause it, my SG90 servo hand in upper position.
    Youtube Video

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@MuuSer Looks good.

the music is so peaceful!!

Thanks @Zax and @nottingham82.

Glory to the computer age! :angel:

That music and also previous one in scrambled egg clip are purely computer generated. If interested, just search phrase 'cgMusic'.

• Thanks @MuuSer and @Zax for your pictures! My new servo is working perfectly with light loads. For heavier things I've already got the JX 6221MG (bigger size) and still waiting for 5kg micro size servo....

So, the question is, how much power can I draw from the Servo port? I've tried connecting my 6221MG, it's working well, but in the beginning of the movement the blue LED goes a little dimmer, so I'm a slightly afraid to experiment with this servo yet.

• hi i m adil .kindly send me video link how to set the pen position and gcode setting .pen is not working

• @MuuSer ..hi plz specify me how to set the servo motor pen setting plz send the video link

Sorry @mohammad-adil, I am away from my EleksDraw until Friday. But if you seek even lazily, then you will find all you need in this forum already. Most important - install latest EleksCam, downloaded from this site. Then plug your EleksDRAW via USB, don't switch it on. Connect it with EleksCAM, then in Setting tab click on red button Rst Rom. If that succeed, then choose another red button Select Machine. Click on EleksDRAW. Then click Select Machine once again and click on Servo Mode. After that in same Setting tab set laser ON/OFF value to 60. That is all. Now you can switch on your machine. Enjoy.

Prrr. I'm pissed off. Faulty EleksDRAW Mana ruined my sequent job.
    0_1493363254252_20170428_095810.jpg
    Just power was gone due the faulty power button and came back after few seconds. Of course as Nano still continues, after restoring power it will continue from unpredictable place. :(
    And one thing more - as i wanted to cut that with outline by 5 times, every time it starts to cut, it makes little nasty dot in home coordinates and therefore ruins that job also. You can see it in photo middle and below AS.
    @pledgy had discovered reason of that.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE @ElekMaker-Develop-Department fix that bug, as if we use automatic repeating, then it is not possible to use Pledgy's solution...
    But now I abandon my EleksDRAW until BangGood's sends new Mana SE board. :(

P.S.
    Seems that it not starts from unpredictable place after power restoring. It starts from Home...

• @MuuSer If you are handy with a soldering iron you could bridge across the switch and just unplug the mains power to turn off, not ideal but would keep you going till your new board arrives. I don't use the switch on the board much as in the UK most sockets have switches on so its easy to use that. What feed rate are you using to cut through I am going to give that a try looks good is it 3mm ply?

@pledgy
    Yes - I'm handy with a soldering, I already resoldered that switch, but it is not bad soldering, it is bad switch and unfortunately I live in Estonia quite abandoned place so quick acquire new one is hard task. But yes - just shortening it and use just plug to give power is good idea.
    That already cut made with 5.5W 100% and speed 1000 with three times, but third time was overkill as burned deeply to base. But with two round it not cut through correctly. So I thought that 5 times with speed 2000 will get also cleaner result, but after second round power was gone. :)
    And that engraving was made with 10% power and 3000 mm/min speed and it is nice and deep enough.

• @MuuSer Thanks I have got a 2.5w so I will have to do a few more passes. I might have to get a bigger laser I am going to have a go at building something like the Eleksdraw but using the D wheels like the Elekslaser uses instead of the linear bearings so I could put one on there.

Finally! Thanks Banggood. I got replacement servo and Mana board today. So - it take two months. Is it too long time or not, I don't know, but at least they arrived and life goes on... :)

• Mine did the same so got one for GB pounds sorted 2.95

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.