Banggood selling weak EleksLaser's and think its okay

• Hi Forum

I got my self this nice laser http://www.banggood.com/450nm-3500mW-3_5W-Blue-Laser-Module-With-TTL-Modulation-for-DIY-Laser-Cutter-Engraver-p-1103261.html
    Well at least i thought so, i took it to work and tested it, and to my surprise its missing a bit over 1W.
    as banggood like pic or vids to their support i made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wASjDQ32LYc&t to show my setup.

the respond was:

Dear kenneth,

Thanks for you email about item 1103261 in the order xxxxxxxx

For make sure the stability when it was working and the life,the power would not really arrive 3500.

Sorry for the inconvenience and best regards,

xxxxxxx

Is it just me or is there something wrong ?

Interesting. Elsewhere I read concerns about this. Suprised that banggood would know about it. Ask for a 5.5 for a trade....because 4.4 at least you get 3.5

• Developer of T2Laser Software

The 2.5W that came with my machine and the replacement 2W-TTL have almost the exact same output (~2W peak). This is using a Coherent LabMax power meter which uses a calibrated thermopile. I would not be surprised if the higher power modules are just over driving the same diode.

0_1491928960409_2W_power.png

• How about this? Despite proper assembly and testing, my A3 2500mW unit fails to work AT ALL. Banggood seems to rely on boilerplate email (non)responses, having requested and received videos FOUR times (twice claiming they couldn't open them) and pushing me off to this forum for answers, instead of sending replacement parts. Since I have had good luck with buying handtools and such like, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but only so far. Now they want a screenshot that I've gone to the forum. Let's see what happens next...

Any of you having similar problems?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.