Initial Center-dot

• When using a pen tool and initiating a draw, EleksMaker is placing a center-dot first before moving to a starting drawing location. That center-dot is not part of the picture or text and it is annoying - is there any way to disable such behavior?

I think that this is not a behaviour. This is a bug. Annoying bug. But I avoid from it with my EleksDRAW so that I put just a draft sheet of paper on my drawing canvas before I push start and then, if pen already moves, pull it away. And with EleksEGG I just hold little bit a pen with hand and so no live for nasty dot. :D
    But I almost use Inkscape generated G-code and that is free of this behaviour...

• Developer of T2Laser Software

It must be a software bug as it doesn't do in on my EleksDraw using T2Laser.

• I have noticed this behaviour when running eleksegg but not on the first drawing only subsequent drawings.
    Pausing the drawing and looking at the gcode I notice it starts with M3 and the next line S0, the end of the program has just M5 so as the last S command is modal as soon as it gets the M3 at the start it will put the pen down and up with the S0 which is on the next line. To solve this problem Elekscam needs to either put the S0 before the M3 at the start or end the program with S0 then M5.

• Just to prove or solve your problem for now you can send a S0 manually before starting your next drawing and it won't put the pen down at the start. hopefully this can be fixed in the next version.

@pledgy said in Initial Center-dot:

Just to prove or solve your problem for now you can send a S0 manually before starting your next drawing and it won't put the pen down at the start. hopefully this can be fixed in the next version.

Do you add that command in the gcode bar at the bottom of elekscam?

• @mrmister yes type S0 in the gcode bar at bottom of the window and press send button. The pen will then stay up when it gets the M3 at the start of the next drawing.

@pledgy said in Initial Center-dot:

@mrmister yes type S0 in the gcode bar at bottom of the window and press send button. The pen will then stay up when it gets the M3 at the start of the next drawing.

Thanks, I have been having a problem with PICCARVE POINT the laser will fire from 0,0 to the first POINT; I might try a variation of your suggestion

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.