Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.

Elekscam crashed at splash screen.

UPDATE: Per MuuSer, installed proper VC install and all worked

@mrmister have you tried install Visual C dependency runtime? They are in EleksCAM.rar pack file if you download it from this site, named 'VC Install x32.exe' and 'VC Install x64.exe' In BangGood's file they are missing.
    You need install only 'VC Install x32' as EleksCAM is 32bit application.

@MuuSer ... Thank You, intall VC 86 fixed it.

what is the 64 purpose?

@mrmister
    Maybe they hope someday release also a 64bit version of EleksCAM, but if they develop it as they do now - then it takes a very loooong time. :)

I see huge potential of EleksCAM. It is intuitive to use (except Laser ON/OFF and Weak ON/OFF buttons that seems to me like indicators, not a buttons and that is confusing), but at this time it is less than basic...

• @MuuSer said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

@mrmister
    Maybe they hope someday release also a 64bit version of EleksCAM, but if they develop it as they do now - then it takes a very loooong time. :)

I see huge potential of EleksCAM. It is intuitive to use (except Laser ON/OFF and Weak ON/OFF buttons that seems to me like indicators, not a buttons and that is confusing), but at this time it is less than basic...

EleksCAM is not Windows 7 friendly software I tried all mathod with four deferent windowa 7 x86 PC, benbox and all other software working fine accept ElekCam, Benbox is working good with Elekslaser but not EleksDraw, please develop windows 7 friendly software for EleksDraw or give us link for working software not paid T2 is paid software. Thanks

Sorry @pak_slc, but it is not in my chancery. I'm just a customer as you are. Maybe in better standing as I'm a little bit programmer and also know how physical equipments behave.
    Yes - it's in my power to wrote some kind of software for Eleks machines, but I have plenty of other things to do, so I afraid, I don't find time for that before I retire, but then - I hope - exists huge amount of pretty software for such kind of machines...

P.S.
    But you haven't complain and clarify exactly your problems with EleksCAM. Maybe our friendly community and/or EleksMaker stuff can help you and lead to right way?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

T2Laser is paid, but you get what you pay for ;)

(the free to use trial has a generous limit of 10,000 lines of g-code or 1,000 lines of vector)

I'm T2's biggest advocate. I couldnt get benbox (this was in october so there was no elekscam) to install. I tried T2 and it got me going. I tried it for a week or so without buying a license. I dont pay for software.... like ever! I paid for T2 and I would do it again. I dont regret 1 cent of that investment. Not only is it the best laser software on the market but zax is more responsive than any programmer on the face of the planet! If you dont like something or you want a special feature and he can add it, he will. I cant tell you how many tweeks he has made to the program cuz I threw out something dumb like, "man this t2 is cool but it would be nice if it could turn my jpg into a vector." then the next weekend he has written a tracing program! (i dont think auto trace was my idea but you get the picture!) The best part is you can try it for free. You get 10000 lines of gcode and 30 minutes. At the end of the 30 minutes just restart and your 10000 lines and time reset. Try it as many times as you need to make sure it works on your system. If you like it and want to do bigger or longer projects Zax will gladly accept your $39.95

FYI I'm not related to Zax and I have never met him... Just a big fan of his work because it makes what I do possible.

• @MuuSer Thanks for prompt reply and sorry late from my side, I am stuck with signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Locale ID: 1033.
    I tried Windows 10. All other sofware working good with my PC. I thing elekmaker team is giving space to the third party or partners like T2 laser to sale the software's.

• @pak_slc said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

@MuuSer Thanks for prompt reply and sorry late from my side, I am stuck with signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Locale ID: 1033.
    I tried Windows 10. All other sofware working good with my PC. I thing elekmaker team is giving space to the third party or partners like T2 laser to sale the software's.

I tried windows 10 32bit , Windows 7 32bit all VCs 2005-2013 nothing works. Eleksdrwa is useless working only diagonally without srevo control with benbox 3.7.99 .eleksmaker should provide us full software support bangood also not answering.

• Sorry I have no answer to your problem but I can tell you I am running it fine on Windows 7 64bit.

• @pak_slc said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

@pak_slc said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

@MuuSer Thanks for prompt reply and sorry late from my side, I am stuck with signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Locale ID: 1033.

I tried windows 10 32bit , Windows 7 32bit all VCs 2005-2013 nothing works. Eleksdrwa is useless working only diagonally without srevo control with benbox 3.7.99 .eleksmaker should provide us full software support bangood also not answering.

Now my eleksdrwa start working with Zapmaker Grbl controller visualizer 3.6.1 support of inkscape, elekscam still not working. Waiting for elekscam update.

• @mrmister
    EleksCam does not work either on my computer, will not start up.
    Can it work with windows 7 ?

@diy-laser said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

@mrmister

Yes it can work on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Did you load the VC install x32?

Did you change your windows regional settings so that the decimal point is a . instead of a , ?

Does Elekscam crash at the splash screen?

Have tried logging into the Administrator account and running the program? EleksCam would not run on one of my computers and so I formatted the disk, reinstalled windows, and now the program runs. I think it had sometjing to do with the user account settings.

Make a video of starting up the program and post it here.

• @diy-laser said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

@mrmister

Also, have you tried the comparability mode when all else fails? right click, properties compatibility to windows xp or another for the EleksCam - just a thought- It should run no problem on windows 7 with 32 or 64bit. make sure that the drivers are up to date and installed for the system and for the USB.

• @LASERMAN

1. FORMAT AND FRESH WINDOWS 7 32 BIT INSTALLED
    2. NET framework 4.5.2 instaled
    3. Vsual C ++ 2005 to 2013 is inalled
    4. REGIONAL SETTING IS OK
    5. Elekscam 3.1 is installed but not running.
      I search Google and tried all available option but not succeeded
      I have no problem with any other software accept elekscam.
      My Windows 7 32bit PC is running all other software smoothly than why elekscam is not working you should tested in worse condition of PC.

ELEKS LASER A3 IS WORKING FINE WITH OLD BENBOX SOFTWARE UNFORTUNATELY BENBOX IS NOT WORKING WITH ELEKSDRAW, AT LEAST UPDATE BENBOX IF YOU CAN OR REQUEST TO DEVELOPERS OF BENBOX.
    YOU ARE HARDWARE IS OK BUT SOFTWARE SIDE IS VERY WEEK OR YOU ARE GIVING SPACE TO THIRD PARTY, ANY WAY YOU MUST TEST YOUR SOFTWARE IS ABLE TO RUN IN WORST CONDITION BECAUSE YOUR COSTUMERS DOS NOT HAVE TIME TO INSTALL IN REFERENT WAY.
    WHATEVER IS MY PC OR OPERATING SYSTEM YOUR SOFTWARE SHOULD RUN.
    SORRY FOR MY BED ENGLISH BUT I M FED UP WITH YOUR ELEKSCAM SOFTWARE.

Error and Report.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: bin.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.6
    Problem Signature 03: 583240a4
    Problem Signature 04: SharpGL
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4f3c0293
    Problem Signature 07: 18
    Problem Signature 08: 4b
    Problem Signature 09: System.Exception
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

@pak_slc said in Fresh install of Windows 7 - elekscam crashes, it will never open - please fix.:

CLR20r3

did you seat the "CLR20r3 error message"

Yes elekscam needs lots of work. I will not use 3.10.

If you use elekscam on a laptop, you very likely do not get all features. On many laptops the user does not get all 5 Home coordinate options. These options are important for starting point. The default resolution is 1033x768. On a laptop this default size 3.10 and on older version the size can not be changed

@ElekMaker-Develop-Department @EleksMaker-CEO @EleksMaker-Z

• The least function i want is that the program starts. But it don't.
    How did you manage to make the installation so complex?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.