Using A3 Laser frame to test Tangential Knife software.

• Hi, can you post more details?

This post is deleted!

• That was inkscribe and Gcode tools extension. I used the Z axis on a 3 axis board and changed the A or C axis (can't reme which) that gcode tools outputs to Z to work with grbl. I will dig out some more info when I get to my PC.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

If you are cutting vinyl a drag knife would be easier, but for thicker material a tangential knife is better. T2Laser already calculates the vector so you can apply power adjustment to compensate for wood grain so it would be fairly easy to drive an axis (or perhaps full rotation servo).

• @pledgy Man, please, send to us this information :-)

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister my questions is aboult the changes in firmware and what board need to use. If need something special...

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister

Not will work with this board?
    0_1498575236111_2017-06-27 11_53_31-EleksMaker® Mana 3 Axis Stepper Motor Controller Driver Board For DIY Laser Engr.png

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister great, let me know if you found how to resolve this of change the output axis ok?

I´d like to assembly one test of this type of machine

• @mrmister i'm thinking to not buy more mana SE to use only this model of board, the extra cost is little more and will be able to many upgrades.

• Yes that is the board I am using. One problem I have yet to find a good solution to is lifting the knife at angles greater than a set size so not to brake the blade turning in the material. A rather crude work around that I found is to make a small gap to the path at the angle changes to force it to lift. I was planning to use the M8 coolant pin to lift the knife. The gcode tools extension outputs in radians but you can set the scale to 57.2958 to change to deg, I canged the py file so it stayed in deg.

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.