z and y axis invert issues

• I'm new here and to this world so please be gentle. In universal g code sender when reversing z-axis $3=4, Z axis operates correctly, however Y axis is now reversed, When I reverse Y axis $3=2, Z axis reverts back to reverse operation.
    The definition aof insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result, I'm close
    Please help,
    Wayne
    Columbia MD

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Wayne-K This would be so much easier using T2Laser software, you just select from the menu to reverse the axis but since you want to do it the hard way ;).

If you set $3=0 all the axis will be "normal", so now, say you need to reverse the Y and Z (I think that's what you're saying) then that requires the 2nd and 3rd bits to be set (the first bit is the X axis).

So you want binary 00000110 or 6 in decimal. Command is $3=6.

If you only need to reverse the Z then you were correct in $3=4 because that would require only the 3rd bit set 00000100.

• Thanks for the reply, I will try when I get home later this PM. Does T2 laser support engraving 3 axis?

@Wayne-K Yes, it supports 3-axis and rotary engraving. The trial is free to try and you can find all the details on my website http://t2laser.org

• @Zax
    $3=0 then $3=6 Fixed it. Thanks for your help. T2 seems to be a viable alternative but that 30 minute trial makes it tough to get a handle o n things. IMHO
    Wayne Kuhn
    Columbia MD

@Wayne-K You can restart it over and over, no limit. If I didn't have a restriction in some way no one would register and I would quickly stop development as the costs each month are too high for me to personally bear without support from users.

• @Zax I understand completely , but a 30 day limit would be a much better trial.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.