Can T2 laser support Z axis and rotation

• Hi everyone, new to this forum and lasers in particular. Just bought the Eleksmaker A3 pro and like many of you I am alread thinking about upgrades! Particularly Z axis control and rotation. I understand the the T2laser software can control the Z axis, but can it automatically step down the Z axis (for deeper cuts) after each pass?
    Can it control a rotation axis to keep the circumference synced with the axis.
    I am sure to have more questions...

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@DavidF Yes. T2Laser supports multi-pass cutting where the depth is dropped for each pass. It also supports a safe height and other common features, the trial is free so take a look and experiment for yourself.

Yes. T2Laser has rotary axis support as well, this is automatic and will compensate for the circumference setting the correct steps per mm needed.

• Brilliant! sounds like just the ticket! Thanks for the prompt reply!
    Cheers

David

• Sorry forgot to ask. I would need a 5 axis driver for this setup, is there such a thing? I have seen 4 axis, but not 5.
    Any one using 5 axis on an A3 Pro?

Cheers

David

@DavidF Avoid the Eleks 4-axis board, it isn't Grbl compatible and will only work with pirate software.

Grbl doesn't support 4 axis, the way T2Laser operates for rotary is using either the X or Y axis.

• Ah, So ok for rotary then if it uses the X and Y, assume you just run a second stepper from the driver board?
    Just to be clear, the Eleksmaker A3 pro has 3 steppers for the X and Y axis
    So if the 4 axis board doesn't support GBRL, and gbrl doesn't drive 4 axis, how do you drive the Z axis between multiple cuts?

Thanks very much,

David

• OK, so I think I have found the answer to my own question!.
    From what I see on the bang good web site for the A3 pro is two output drive card the mana se. This has two drivers one of which is a double output for the 2 Y motors.
    For the Z axis add on I would need the 3 output board version which adds another driver for the Z.
    I was getting confused by the fact that the engraver had 3 steppers to drive and would therefore need a 3 axis controller.
    Got it!

@DavidF You are correct. The 2 Y-axis steppers are just in parallel from one driver, one connector has the coils swapped so it goes in the opposite direction. Their 3-axis Mana CNC or a similar board will do what you want.

• Great, thanks Zax, your customer support is proving to be exemplary!

Cheers

David

@DavidF Thanks :thumbsup:

Of course just having customer support is a bonus, but I also listen to and integrate ideas from users so T2Laser is a collaboration which makes it a much better and more capable software.

• The laser arrives today so you'll be getting a few questions over the coming weeks I'm sure:-)

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.