EleksTube API Control Protocol

• ElekMaker Develop Department

EleksTube API Control Protocol For EleksTube V5.1 firmware

Link Serial Baud Rate

Link Real Time Color & Time Protocol

/(header)1(first tube number)66CCFF(Standard Sixteen Binary RGB color)166CCFF(second tube number and color).....

eg. #166CCFF266CCFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF //Tube will show 12:12:12 and color is blue blue white white white white

This is only for real time tube exhibition

Save Time Color & Time Protocol

*(header)1(first tube number)66CCFF(Standard Sixteen Binary RGB color)166CCFF(second tube number and color).....

eg.   *166CCFF266CCFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF1FFFFFF2FFFFFF //Tube will save time and color 12:12:12 and color is blue blue white white white white

This is only for real time tube exhibition

Mode Change and Switch AM/PM

$(header)000

$0 is for EleksTube 4/6 set
    $1 is for EleksTube one

$00 is normal mode
    $01 is rainbow mode
    $02 is water fall mode
    $03 is test mode
    $04 is random mode

$000 is for 24H mode //will update soon in EleksTube v6.2 
    $001 is for AM/PM mode //will update soon in EleksTube v6.2

Attention AM/PM mode is not support in EleksTube v5.1 but will update soon in EleksTube v6.2

• Greetings,

Can you clarify the difference between the # header and the * header? If I send the * header with the digit number and sixteen binary RGB color, the display will change the time correctly. If I send the # header with the digit number and sixteen binary RGB color, the display flashes through all of the numbers 0-9 on all of the digits, but does not change the time.

I am attempting to develop a precise update to the clock, by sending the digits to the clock every second. I expected that the # header was the correct approach based on the description, but it appears it is not operating as I expected. Can you provide some clarification to the API?

Also I noticed that some delay is required to sending commands over the serial port to the ElecksTube otherwise commands are missed completely.

Thank you

hi , * header only for save time and color , just need send once

and # header is for real-time display, you need continue sending it , i think 10 times per sercond is reasonable sending frequency

• Still experiencing issues with the API

This is what I sent to the clock via the serial interface:

0_1539456310712_upload-002a21bc-69b6-4b66-8f58-aa3e473739b0

The clock is set to 12:12:12 with the colors expected. However the # command does not seem to work. I have attached a YouTube video that shows the behavior experienced.

Youtube Video

@EleksMaker-Z said in EleksTube API Control Protocol (For Third Party Control Software):

@ib134866 hmmmm, # is for saving , so you need power off and power up to see if time&color be saving

srrrrrrrrrry, i miss that up , is not # heard , is / header .

sry again

• Can you provide details on the RX and TX voltage level requirements for the EleksTube serial port located on the controller? Will a 3.3 V serial logic level be acceptable or is a 5 V logic level required?

Thank you

@ib134866 said in EleksTube API Control Protocol:

Can you provide details on the RX and TX voltage level requirements for the EleksTube serial port located on the controller? Will a 3.3 V serial logic level be acceptable or is a 5 V logic level required?

Thank you

5v requied :star:

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.