larger frame for the eleksdraw

• I recently bought and fell in love with my eleksdraw. I've been using it recently to make custom maps. My one complaint is that I'm unhappy with the working area and it requires me to move the unit around and do some parts of my drawing in multiple parts. I've been looking at the hardware components and all of them seem easily accessible online.

It seems like it would be quite feasible to enlarge the frame to support a larger working space (I'd like something on the order of 3'x4'). My question is if there is a way to get the software to support a larger space.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@metasyntactic It's much easier to enlarge the EleksLaser gantry style machines but yes you could do something similar with the EleksDraw.

What software are you using?

I have T2Laser users with laser machines that are several meters long, no idea if it's possible with EleksCAM.

• @Zax And the answer might be that I build a gantry. I could easily cannibalize some of the parts from the eleksdraw like the pen holder and control board. I'm currently using elekscam but obviously looking at 3rd party software. Seems like most people are working with laser but I really need something that can paint and draw for my applications.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@metasyntactic I have an EleksDraw and run it from T2Laser. I support pen changes so you can load a file with several different colors and it will draw the first, then prompt you to change pens and continue with the next and so on. I also have a centerline trace feature which works well with pens.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.