Z axis homing supported?

• Hi Zax, Does T2 support homing the Z axis? I read in the help that 1.1f seems to have homing support on D9, D10, D12, but not sure if that is a validated release. I have fixed a bottom home switch to the added Z axis, bu tnot sure if I can use it with T2.

Thanks

David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@DavidF Yes, T2Laser supports Z-axis homing.

You can either compile your own firmware (any Grbl version is OK but obviously the latest 1.1f would be best), or use my Z-XY firmware which homes Z and then XY together.

• So your Z-XY firmware is 1.1f?? Any downsides to using this compared to 1.1e?
    The Z switch on D12?

Thanks

David

@DavidF Correct, it uses D9, D10 and D12. There’s no significant differences between e and f, so I haven’t updated the default but any new firmware I build would use the latest release.

• Thanks Zax, I'll try it and let you know.

Cheers

David

• Hi Zax, update on the Z axis homing. All worked fine with your 1.1f CNC Z-XY firmware. I had the home switch at the bottom but only needed to reverse the axis in T2 and all was well. The only small issue I had was the axis distance calibration. After loading the firmware the actual distance travelled was wrong for all axis. Looking in the axis calibration screen the correct values were in the boxes (80,80,400), but obviously not being used. I changed the Z value a little then clicked calibrate, then put it back to 400, and clicked calibrate again. All was ok after that. Might help somebody else!
    Anyway, works fine now. Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers

David

@DavidF I may be wrong but I think the default is 80, 80, 80 so yes with the Eleks Z-axis you would need to change it. I can't explain why it was showing 400 but not using it, it's reading values from the Nano EEPROM but glad you got it working.

Hopefully T2Laser made it easy with the calibrate axis option ;)

• Yep, it's working fine and a very useful addition. Certainly saves fiddling with the lens focus every time the project height changes.

Cheers

David

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.