T2Laser Software - Introduction

• @shnaidar said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

@juanlerm nice engraving... I have the A3 2 2500mW engrave, and you give to me a very good tips, you have 500mw and you use 130 laser, (about 255 mw 51% laser power) this is very good info, I need to use for my laser power about 10% laser power, in the software must be 25 or 26 laser power (I create an excel to calculate laser power )
    Thanks you really help me with your tip.

@shnaidar said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

@juanlerm nice engraving... I have the A3 2 2500mW engrave, and you give to me a very good tips, you have 500mw and you use 130 laser, (about 255 mw 51% laser power) this is very good info, I need to use for my laser power about 10% laser power, in the software must be 25 or 26 laser power (I create an excel to calculate laser power )
    Thanks you really help me with your tip.

No problem there is so much that I need to play with. but my cutting (Border line does not come out good it is not nice round around the words.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@juanlerm if you are using Sketch, in the settings you can increase the quality (resolution setting). I'm not sure if that's the solution without seeing an example of the issue.

@juanlerm a picture is worth a thousand words or so the saying goes. A picture of the result might help us help you.

• @Zax said in T2Laser Software - Introduction:

@juanlerm if you are using Sketch, in the settings you can increase the quality (resolution setting). I'm not sure if that's the solution without seeing an example of the issue.

Hi Zax ok the cutting works correct now but not with picture but ok could be a crappy pic its text from paint . ok next question if I use sketch how do I put black in the inside of the text?

This post is deleted!

Sketch Filled will raster and fill the text or you can use hatch fill which is faster but not completely filled but usually a good result.

• @Zax
    Thanx i will try that thanx for all your help

@Zax you mean .1 right?!?! .01 would create a massive gcode and cause the machine to run over its laser width ten times per mm. This could cause memory issues as well as overburning.

@nottingham82 we are talking about 2 different parameters, flatten resolution of 0.01 is acceptable (that's the smoothing of the vector) for raster conversion of text. It just means the Sketch is converted at a higher resolution and then the raster resolution of 0.1 is used for the output.

You are correct that the output resolution should be >= 0.1 as that's the limit of the laser spot size / machine resolution.

ohhh I see what you are saying. good to know

• Hello everyone, I just bought an elekslaser 2500 and I've been looking for the best software and the best settings for the machine, I like T2LASER, but I can only use up to 1000 g-code lines, I can try the software in addition to a few letters and squares or lines, any small drawing passes the 1000 lines, I read augures here in the forum that could use the software in trial mode up to 10 000 lines, it is not like that or it's just me ?

This post is deleted!

@João-Sousa 10,000 lines of G-code for raster (images) and 1,000 lines for vector (CAD or Sketch).

That should be sufficient to evaluate it and see that it runs your machine and gives good results.

• Hi everyone, I bought the T2Laser, almost everything is going well.
    My problem is that I send to engrave a square of 2cm x 2cm and the machine engrave one of 1.66cm x 1.66cm for example. What I can do?

@Juan-Carlos-Moreno-Argüello Did you use my firmware (Grbl 1.1e)?

• @Zax When I try to load it, the following message appears:
    "Upload failed: Firmware was not uploaded correctly."

My machine is "Laseraxe". But he also sends the same message
    When trying to put the 1.1f.

@Juan-Carlos-Moreno-Argüello There are several version of the LaserAxe machine, the earliest one had a Nano with no bootloader so it is not possible to load firmware via USB (you must use the ICSP connector or replace the Nano). The latest machines work with default Grbl 1.1e and then there are some which need the custom firmware as they used a different pin out.

I would see if you can install the firmware using XLoader utility, sometimes that works. Contact me via e-mail or go to benboxlaser.us for support as this forum is for EleksMaker machines.

• @Zax I really enjoy what you have come up with and so far nothing much to complain about except for two things

1. After the NC-program is finished the laser-commander stops responding, the status show 100% sent but essentially no buttons are responsive. The only thing working is to emergency-stop and reset.
      However, if I try to run the same program again after stopping and resetting some lines work out but then the laser just stops moving yet keeping the laser on == bad. My only solution right now is to e-stop, reset, close the controller, start the controller and go again.

2. When the laser controller starts it turns on the laser while standing still which leads to burn-marks on the workpiece. My current solution for this is either to have the low-power button on the laser pressed, or power of the motor-driver and laser-driver when starting the laser controller.

All this tested with the 1.1e firmware flashed from inside T2-software.

Are these new phenomena or something that you know about?

@Daniel-Wedlund

I appreciate you checking it out.

#1 is not normal, there must be a configuration issue. I have a few settings that may resolve this. Disable DTR, select low buffer mode or enable the simple protocol. The laser should tell T2Laser when the motion is complete and then it will allow full control again, so this signal is getting lost.

#2 this is a hardware issue, the laser should have a pull down resistor on the TTL line so when the input is "floating" (not on or off) it defaults to off. That is called fail safe and for a laser should absolutely be the default. If you pull out the USB cable, lose connection or the Nano fails the laser will go to max power which is dangerous. I can not fix this in firmware or software, but you can add a resistor between - and S to fix it (1 kohm should work).

• @Zax Thanks for the quick reply.

I will tend to #2 first since, as you mentioned, not safe currently.

I will check on #1 according to your suggestion and get back here with my results.

Once again, awesome support!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.