Mac support

• All the threads on this topic are old so I'll start a new one.

What is the current status for mac support with eleksdraw? Does the current version come with firmware that suports mac os? What are the steps to get running on a mac? Are there any third-party libraries that can be used to upload g-code directly to the eleksdraw?

• I was able to upload the mac firmware mentioned in this thread and then tried to test it using Universal Gcode Sender but I am not getting anything from the plotter. It looks like its connecting and sending gcode on Universal Gcode Sender, so I'm not sure why its not doing anything.

The only thing I can think of is that the fireware installation had one error. Here is the output from the installation:
    $ avrdude -carduino -b57600 -patmega328p -P/dev/tty.wchusbserial1410 -Uflash:w:ManaSE_v3.7.hex:i

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f (probably m328p)
    avrdude: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
    To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
    avrdude: erasing chip
    avrdude: reading input file "ManaSE_v3.7.hex"
    avrdude: writing flash (32670 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 19.70s

avrdude: 32670 bytes of flash written
    avrdude: verifying flash memory against ManaSE_v3.7.hex:
    avrdude: load data flash data from input file ManaSE_v3.7.hex:
    avrdude: input file ManaSE_v3.7.hex contains 32670 bytes
    avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 17.34s

avrdude: verifying ...
    avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x7f00
    0xff != 0x09
    avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (E:00, H:00, L:00)

avrdude done. Thank you.

• FYI - you can find the newest MAC compatible firmware here: http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_MAC_ZIP.html

I was able to successfully controll the Eleksdraw with Universal GCode Sender or ZapMaker Grbl Controller.

• Have you tried SourceRabbit Gcode Sender (https://www.sourcerabbit.com/GCode-Sender/) available for all platforms (Windows, MAC, Linux) to send your G-code files to the EleksMaker device?

You can generate the G-code in a number of different ways (Inkscape to Fusion360) depending on what you want to do.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.