T2 Laser and Ebay lasers

• Has anyone had any success using T2 to control one of the generic $400 40 watt CO2 lasers from ebay?
    Any tips or advice?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@eleksuser I've had my 40W CO2 since '08, the controller board died so I replaced it with an Eleks L6 (which would now be the Mana CNC). It works great with T2Laser now, and I also added a Z-axis motor for focusing.

If it's working I wouldn't replace the board, but if/when it fails the replacements are expensive so that would be a good time to consider it.

• @Zax
    Thanks Zax,
    So, if I understand you correctly, The board it has now will not work, but I can can replace it with "EleksMaker® Mana 3 Axis Stepper Motor Controller Driver Board" and I'm good to go?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

Correct. The current board, if anything like mine is proprietary and only works with their driver.

The Mana SE (2 axis) would work too, I only used the L6 at the time as I wanted to add the z-stage motor.

The motors aren't too difficult to connect, I took the connectors from the old board and used those to wire it up. The laser power on mine is controlled by a pot on the front panel so I only have on/off control, but some of the newer machines have a TTL input power supply for the laser driver. I only use it for cutting so it doesn't matter.

I would add, the software my machine came with (NewlyDraw) wasn't great so T2Laser was a huge improvement but the newer systems have a Corel driver and work much better (I have a friend with one and he's happy using that for now, until the board dies).

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.