Changing the software

• Hi all

I have some experience with Arduino, but not much else in electronics. I have been self learning Arduino in the past year. I would like upload my own sketch on the Eleksdraw Mana SE board via the standard Arduino IDE? I have a specific need that I would like to run my own coding the control the machine. Effectively I want to send my own PWM signal to the steppers so that I can control the movement directly, amongst other needs.

And assuming that this is possible, if I would like to restore the original software, would resetting the firmware on the EleksMaker Desktop Software restore everything back?

I googled around and search the forum but could not find a clear answer to this.

Thank you

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@sashsss The stepper drivers aren't designed for a PWM signal, they use a step and direction signal. You set the direction either high or low and then pulse the step line to get an increment.

• Yes correct, sorry I meant something like that. Will alternate a high and low based on number of pulses.

So can I plug the Mana SE board to my computer and upload new code to it via the Arduino IDE software?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@sashsss Yes, you just create a Sketch and upload as usual.

• @Zax Thank you :) It worked!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.