Replacement MCU

• Thanks to ib134866 for his efforts on fixing the time, and cs@eleks for the replacement parts. I got IBs change working but wanted the rainbow effect on the time display and set off to modify the change. But I couldn’t get it to work reliably. I believe it’s a limitation in the clock’s API & serial interface. This is my first ESP8266 (or Arduino) and the device itself seemed pretty capable so in the end I replaced the elekstube controller board with the ESP8266 itself and rewrote a control system for the clock.

Since the device is a little network controller, I put a webserver in as the way to configure the device. E.g., once you know the clocks local/in-house ip address you can connect with your phone’s browser and configure the settings.

The sketch is up at git: https://github.com/KenReneris/EleksTubeClock
    There are a couple of videos and images at that link.

Some highlights:

• 12 / 24 mode
    • Sync to NTP and TZ (like IBs.. Manual setting of the TZ is an option as well)
    • Time is displayed with the rainbow effect. Bright adjustment.
    • A couple of neat visual effects. E.g., Top-of-hour "go bright and then back to rainbow".

• I really like this!

I wish the Eleks guys would take notes on everyone's fixes to their clock.

Good job bud!

• @KenR, Well done. Have a look at my latest additions:

Youtube Video

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.