How to do a signature like in the product presentation

• Hello,

I would like to know how to do a signature like in the product presentation (pen plotter) regards

Hello, @Cristal2u
    Just draw your signature with tablet or mouse in Inkscape or in any vector drawing program that is capable to save it to SVG file and with EleksCAM import it with PicCarve button and if you are lucky (EleksCAM fails sometime for some kind of SVG's), your signature is ready to scribble.

Or write it on computer paper and scan it. then open in inkscape.

By my knowledge Inkscape is not the best tool for tracing centreline drawings, if we want signature like, not just outline drawings, then CorelDraw makes tolerable good job in centreline trace.
    But yes - scanning existing signature and using it as blueprint in Inkscape, is also good solution...

• @MuuSer

Hello MuuSer,

Have you been successful obtaining centerline tracing with EleksCam?
    I find issues with the scale of drawings in SVG format (converted to SVG in Inkscape from DXF created in AutoCAD), I did not try converting to SVG using CorelDraw.
    Any experience with all that?

Thanks again and regards.
    Mirr

Hello, @Mirr.

Unfortunately in EleksCAM and also in InkScape centreline tracing is not possible, but you can use CorelDraw or this free online tracing.

yeah I wouldnt do a centerline trace with inkscape (first off I hate inkscape but it is free and does alot so I use it anyway). For inkscape I would do a trace bitmap then convert it to a dxf file. I dont think elekscam would let you print a dxf. T2 Laser and bencut laser will let you. A dxf would be an easy file too so you could easily do it on the free t2 trial software without running into the gcode limit.

• Thank you for your replies.

About the converter, I will try it tonight. Earlier, the SVG files I got from two online converters did not work.
    Do you have any experience controlling this machine with another software? Or with another board? Being able to print DXF would be of course ideal.

Regards,
    Mirr

yes i have tons of experiencing with t2 laser and I actually made a video on different ways to do dxf and vector engraving with T2. I dont have any experience with using Eleksdraw but t2 laser has a setting to use the draw and egg machines.

Youtube Video

• Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.
    I will try this tonight and let you know.

Regards,
    Mirr

• This post is deleted!

the session is 30 minutes and it has a time estimator so you'll know if it will time out on you. Usually it wont make gcode that long anyway so you wont need to worry about time out. If you like your small projects you will need to buy to do big projects. You can also try Ben Cut Laser and Laser Web

• @MuuSer
    Hello MuuSer,
    The link you provided for tracing images is great, especially with photographs, thank you for the tip! I wonder if CorelDraw can achieve such result as well, I haven't tried it yet.
    However, tracing a centerline gives back a file with extension .php, not readable with EleksMaker. So, hopefully CorelDraw will do the job.
    Also, I have a problem with the scale of the .svg when I import it into Eleks Maker, I just cannot find a way to scale it down so that it stays within the limits of the machine, even when I already exported it at a small scale (I am using Inkscape to export .svg) - any suggestion is warmly welcomed.

@nottingham82
    Hello Notthingham82,
    I use AutoCAD to generate .dxf files that need to be quite tight on the precision, I looked inside the trial version of T2, it is promsing so I will explore it further, thank you for the hint! Do you know of another friendly software compatible with Eleksmaker?
    I might be wrong but I think T2 closed the session after a given time just because this session is on the trial version, so I am worried that this might happen again when I would be plotting a large file.

On another subject, as this is after all a simple pen plotter, is there not a way to control it just like the older HPGL format plotting an AutoCAD .plt file?
    Is anyone also tempted to build the open source control board proposed by the maker of a very similar machine?

Regards,
    Mirr

• @nottingham82
    Well understood, thanks!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

T2Laser supports PLT files (including loading the colors), and I will soon add pen color changes. It also works with DXF files.

• @Zax
    Very promising, thanks

I tried to implement a tracing method to do what you want but it's not that simple. Even center-line tracing (which in itself is difficult) doesn't really do it, the best way is to actually draw over the signature in a CAD program using strokes that are fluid and how it would actually be written.

I've done this on a few and the results are excellent using the EleksDRAW but a little time consuming.

If I can find a way to automate the process I will of course add it but so far I've not been successful. My trace feature does allow you to avoid the double lines which makes it look better but Corel is my preferred method.

• @Zax
    Aha OK, I understand you.
    I don't have Corel installed at the moment although I have used it often in the past. So it produces vector which are imported in T2Laser.
    I will look at all this soon.
    Many thanks!

You can do the same in any drawing/CAD program, Inkscape would work.

• @MuuSer Why does it fail and what type works/ I have used Inkscape and though I've
    used the same SVG save it will not work. is this a bug in the elkscam, if so will they ever fix it.

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.