Using T2 and Mana se for CO2 laser

• Hi Zax, as the guru of all things laser I am pointing this question at you:-)
    I would like to use T2 laser and the original A3 Mana SE board to control a CO2 laser I am building. The laser PSU has the normal H(5v) and L(0), control inputs as well as an IN. This IN input can be used with a simple Potentiometer or PWM to control the laser power. Would the connections simply be the Hi voltage to the laser tube and then Ground and PWM from the Mana pcb to the IN signal on the PSU. Or would I need to involve the H and L inputs and the "laser" output from the Mana?

Thanks very much for any advise,

Cheers

David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@DavidF You only need to connect ground and D11 signal from the Mana board to the laser PSU, so it sounds like the "IN" signal would be correct providing it's a TTL input.

• @Zax Thanks Zax, that's what I hoped. Perhaps either the H or L might need to be pulled high or Low as an enable? Once all the bits arrive I'll do some tests. Yes, the IN is TTL.

Cheers

David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@DavidF That's possible, but I have an older CO2 laser and my PSU doesn't require any additional connections.

• @Zax Thanks Zax. I'll post on here when it's all up and running. The little A3 is turning into a monster:-)

Cheers

David

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.