T2 Laser with DXF drawings

• I use an agedCNC controller program that amongst other inputs will follow a DXF R12 drawing without the need to convert it to Gcode. End results are the sizes the drawing was made to. Can T2 follow a drawing in the same manner and display the drawing on the screen followed by the cutting being shown as well? If so then I am definitely interested in T2. The aged software is called Master CNC written for Win 98, ME and does work on XP but not as well.
    In great hopes.
    John.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@smokeman Yes, if you import a vector (DXF), T2Laser will follow the path. The sizes will match the DXF and can be displayed on the screen.

T2Laser is trial software, you can test it before purchasing a license for as long as you want. It is limited to 10,000 lines of raster G-code or 1,000 lines of vector but sufficient for small jobs to evaluate performance etc.

If you have any questions or can't figure something out just let me know, you can e-mail me or post here. I fully support my software and it is also in active development so suggestions can be added if it will serve multiple users.

The license is perpetual for a single computer and includes unlimited updates so you always have the latest released version and features - no paying for upgrades or add-ons.

• Thank you for your reply that is encouraging me to go further however can I run the software without being connected to the internet? Although I use the A£ laser indoors as I hope to the micro mill just made I would also like to use the computer in my workshop where there is no internet connection. At present the computer is set for Win XP but if I could use it without the internet I would be happy to upgrade to Win 7 but that will not operate my present control system so I would need yet another computer to run the old fashioned way. Hope you can advise on the off net capability as then I could install T2 indoors on the computer and take it down to the workshop as required.
    John.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@smokeman No internet connection is required to run T2Laser but you won't get automatic updates (obviously) or be able to register through the trial. Windows Vista or higher is required as I use .net version 4.5 which was released after Microsoft stopped support for XP. It may be possible to load it from non-official sources but I can't guarantee that.

To run T2Laser on both systems would either require 2 single PC licenses (discount on the 2nd system) or a USB-Key "dongle" license.

• Many thanks again for your help, seems best to upgrade the workshop computer and periodically bring it back indoors for possible upgrade to T2 unless I can find a wireless system that will communicate some 100 feet from the house or run an Ethernet cable which for practical use need only be connected to check for updates anyway again thank you for your help and advice.
    John.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.