Z axis problem

• so today i had some time to get to solving the problem for my z axis stepper not working it keeps griding when giving it a command. so i decide to swap the cable to the y axis and it worked fine, i then put the y axis in the z port then that never work

• so ive solve the problem that the port is broken but dont know how to fix it. im very frustrated as this was brand new out the box and so far ive spent £15 on a new power supply as the one that came with it never work. now it looks like ive got a broken z axis port

• Two things you could try. one is to adjust the screw on the drive, turn it clockwise and see if that helps.
    The other is pull the Y and Z drives from the main board and swap them round to prove its not a problem with the main board.

This post is deleted!

• Yes ive tested all the white ports and the Z axis is not working every one i plug in there to test does not work. Just grinds

• As I sudjested above if it was me I would pull the drives out and swap them over to prove if it is the drive or the main board. If it turns out to be the drive the are available from many different places and are not very expensive so although you shouldn't have to you could get one so you can keep going while waiting for a replacement to arrive.

• i have swapped them about thats it how i now its the z axis not working. when i plug the motor in another port it works fine. but the wire i always plug into the z port doesnt work

@11robert11
    If you swapped drivers (small red PCB boards) and your Z port still not works, then it's maybe bad soldering in main board or in Nano board or faulty Nano board itself...

• @pledgy where would i get a drive and are they hard to fit im very new to cnc its sort of a side hobby i was looking to do so everything is a learning curve. although its proving to be frustrating cause banggod.com who i bought it off have never replied to my problems. there was me thinking i could buy it build it learn it. well ive had the thing a month and no closer to doing my first carve :(

@11robert11, if you swapped your existing drivers, and your Z axis still not working, you don't need a new drive. Instead of that look carefully all soldered joints in main board and resolder if some of them feels bad...
    And if that not helps, you can try new Arduino Nano instead of old one...

• @MuuSer i will try that now why i have so free time
    thanks

• @MuuSer so it turns out it is the drive ive switched it with the y axis and now that is not working thanks so much so now i need to get a new drive where would i get one. is there shops that stock them or will i have to order online

This post is deleted!

• @11robert11 said in Z axis problem:

so today i had some time to get to solving the problem for my z axis stepper not working it keeps griding when giving it a command. so i decide to swap the cable to the y axis and it worked fine, i then put the y axis in the z port then that never work

Caros amigos usuários da EleksMill 500, minha máquina está montado, ja fazem 15 dias e não consigo resolver o problema do eixo "Z", ele funciona invertido, alguem pode me ajudar?
    Muito Obrigado

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister said in Z axis problem:

@Velho-Lobo said in Z axis problem

Caros amigos usuários da EleksMill 500, minha máquina está montado, ja fazem 15 dias e não consigo resolver o problema do eixo "Z", ele funciona invertido, alguem pode me ajudar?
    Muito Obrigado

Attempted translation

Dear friends EleksMill 500 users, my machine is assembled, it's been 15 days and I can not solve the problem of the axis "Z", it works in reverse, can someone help me? Thank you very much

0_1494172770541_MANA.png

Hello new friend. You cant reverse the z axis using the board. You can either swap the wires (so rewire the connector that goes to the stepper motor... fyi i dont know which wires to switch) or you can swap the z axis in the software / firmware. In the software (depending on what software you use) it may say Z-axis rev or invert z axis. In the firmware it would be $2=4 to reverse only the z axis. more info here for firmware

https://github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki/Grbl-v1.1-Configuration

• @nottingham82 Hi There, I have issue with Z axis that go backward with the button in G code sender (i.e. click up then it goes down and vice versa).
    Tries $2=4 as suggested then now all axis stoped working. Can somebody tell me what happened please.
    Can seems to get it works again.

@Hquoctuan-Aurevoir Sorry It should be $3=4 Some other people corrected me. $2 is the wrong one. I misread the configuration file. Someone else corrected me on another thread and I forgot to update this one.

• @nottingham82 excellent advices. Works like a charm now. Thanks a lot bro. There are still some minor inaccuracies but that should not be a big deal. I'll fine tune it later.

For those who have similar issue once you key in a wrong command then end up losing all the axis, what I did is to reflash the firmware and reset the numbers (ie 400.000; 500.000 etc) then reconnect the machine, you will have them back.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.