Vector engraving with T2

• Hi Zax, reading some tutorials on a site "cutlasercut" which are laser service co. But they were talking about vector engraving as opposed to slower raster engraving. I followed their instructions for setting inkscape up for vector engraving. In inscape my text sample was filled text (converted to path) as instructed. Save as dxf and imported in to T2. However, the text came out as unfilled. Can T2 handle vector engraving as opposed to raster? If I select the option to FILL in T2 the whole image is filled.

Thanks,

David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@DavidF Yes, if the "hatch fill" didn't import it's likely because it wasn't exported by Inkscape. You can send me the DXF to review. The filled option in T2Laser will convert the vector to a raster (filled) which is not what you want, the pseudo fill using hatch will do what you are looking for but it does hatch all closed shapes.

• @Zax I can't for the life of me find anywhere to send you the file! I don't seem to have enough privileges to upload the file here. How can i send you the dxf?

Cheers
    David

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@DavidF You can reply to your license e-mail or use my general T2Laser support e-mail (support@t2laser.org)

• @Zax Thanks Zax, emailed to support.
    I'll be interested to know what is going wrong

Cheers

David

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.