what else other than T2L ?

• I'm new to laser cutting & engraving, & open to suggestion & learning...

I have had good success with Eleksmaker's own V3.2 motherboards & software with Laser "Engraving", but need to actually CUT some parts from 3mm Acrylic sheet with a 15 watt Solid-State laser.
    There must be some software that allows the conversion of DXF/PDF/BMP/JPG etc files into the format that the Eleksmana motherboards will accept to CUT parts.
    I tried a trial versionof T2L & it ran for 4 minutes before declaring it had expired & was therefor bloody useless & I never found out what it could do.

I'm not fussed about etching or drawing the cut files, as I get that done with Solid Works CAD by a friend. The files can be exported as DXF, JPG etc as I need them.

How did people laser cut from acrylic sheet before T2L existed ?
    There must be other alternative software as free downloads surely ?

Should I try a Nano Shield Mother-Board & other software for Cutting parts from sheet acrylic ?

Any one got any ideas Please ?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Grant-B I wrote T2Laser several years ago as a Benbox replacement, there was no other option at that time. The trial runs for 15 minutes per session, you can restart it as many times as you need as there's no restriction.

You can load an image and auto-trace it to create a vector for cutting or you can import a DXF which is already vector.

• @Zax said in what else other than T2L ?:

@Grant-B I wrote T2Laser several years ago as a Benbox replacement, there was no other option at that time. The trial runs for 15 minutes per session, you can restart it as many times as you need as there's no restriction.

You can load an image and auto-trace it to create a vector for cutting or you can import a DXF which is already vector.

Hi Zax - i'm impressed- you created T2L - you are the person for the best advice on using it then..
    So, a question or two please ?
    re 15 min trials.... is it just a case of re-booting the programme, or re-downloading it each time for the trial... as I want to be able to MAKE it do work before buying it to cut 1000 x 500 sheets of nested parts... as I'm sure you know - all us fiddlers & makers are skint most of the time lol.
    2.... The downloaded licensed version . is the licence per machine or per buyer, as I have 2 machines I want to use. One powerful laptop to create the cut files, & a net book that lives with the laser cutter in a different room, as the laser is 1500mm wide & there is no bench space, but the net-book will sit on the laser neatly - will I have to buy 2 licenses to use on these two laptops ?
    regards
    Grant B

@Grant-B

1. You just restart it.
    2. It is per computer so you can run 2 machines (or more, I often run 3) at a time from the same PC / license. If you need T2Laser on 2 computers you require 2 licenses (the 2nd is discounted an additional 20% off in addition to the $5 discount you get from the trial). The alternative is a USB-Key "dongle" license which is fully transferable so you can plug it in any system and run T2Laser but it needs to remain in the PC while you are running T2Laser or it will time out like the trial.

Hi Zax,
    Sorry if im becoming irritating, but this auto-trace sounds excellent & ideal for what I need short term.
    I'm learning fast & it is exciting.
    Can you please detail how to auto-trace an image.. say, some thing like a jpg outline in fine lines.. to create a vector so I can cut some simple parts please ?

Is there any way that you could create a short you-tube clip of the procedure or a Movie-peg to show where the commands are & the process ?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Grant B

@Grant-B

1. You just restart it.
    2. It is per computer so you can run 2 machines (or more, I often run 3) at a time from the same PC / license. If you need T2Laser on 2 computers you require 2 licenses (the 2nd is discounted an additional 20% off in addition to the $5 discount you get from the trial). The alternative is a USB-Key "dongle" license which is fully transferable so you can plug it in any system and run T2Laser but it needs to remain in the PC while you are running T2Laser or it will time out like the trial.

So Zax.....
    I can download T2L Trial to say 4 PC's, buy a dongle which give the PC with the Dongle fitted the full T2L capabilities ??
    I like this idea - what is the cost of the dongle ??

Regards again
    Grant B

@Grant-B Load the image and right click the trace icon or select auto-trace from the menu, that's it. You can watch my starter series of videos, the link is in the Help menu.

@Grant-B You can register all 4 computers with the dongle and then move the dongle between computers as you need. Only the one with the dongle inserted will run the full version, if you remove the dongle it will revert to trial mode when it is next verified (this means it will exit without notice which is bad if you are running a job on the laser).

The dongle license is $79.95 and you purchase the hardware locally which costs ~$20. You can easily get them in the UK. If you e-mail me or PM your email address I can send you links so you know what we are talking about.

• @Zax

Zax Sir,
    Really appreciate your support & answers, & YES I will be buying a license shortly.
    Re AUTOTRACE... if i do this, does this generate the G-Code, or do I need another package to generate the date to initiate the CUT.
    As mentioned before, I'm not interested in engraving at all... only cutting parts.

please advise
    Regards
    Grant B

@Grant-B T2Laser is a complete solution, no other software is needed. It will generate the G-code and run your machine.

Load your line art image, right click trace, click the icon to open the laser controller screen and you'll see the G-code. Clicking the envelope will send the G-code to the connected machine.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.