wont connect & stepper motor block

• Hello, my GK A3 PRO worked perfectly fine yesterday.
    Today, it wont connect to the serial port (the driver is working fine) & the stepper motors block when i turn on the power?
    Also, the green LED on the Eleksmaker board blinks nervously a couple of times each time i connect the USB cable to the computer.
    My machine is brand new. Please help

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@marc_ Do you get the firmware (Grbl) welcome message when you connect?

If you are using the Eleks Mana firmware it should say "Grbl 0.9i Ready". If not, it's likely the Nano is corrupt.

• No, i don't see any welcome massage.
    I use EleksCAM v3.1 (downloaded: http://wiki.eleksmaker.com/doku.php?id=elekscam) i deleted all and reinstalled which did not change the situation.
    Again, yesterday the machine worked fine.
    What should i do?
    (thank you for the swift reply)

@marc_ Sorry, I have no idea if that software normally shows the connection or not. You could connect with a terminal emulator or T2Laser in debug mode to verify if the Nano is working or not.

• « device not migrated » does that mean the Nano is not working ? Nano reacts though when i plug it to the PC.
    The Steppers instantly block when i turn on the power (even if the USB is not connected).
    Is there a way to reboot the board ?
    Is it possible that i fried a chip accidentally (Nano or A4988 (stepper driver chip)) by touching a pin ?
    (Thanks in advance)

@marc_ Did you connect to the Nano from a terminal emulator or T2Laser? What messages did you get?

• I tried 2 terminal emulators and both have no reaction. So no message.
    My device manager (Win10) tells me "Device not migrated".
    Is there a way to manually reboot the nano? I got the impression there is no communication anymore between the nano and the PC.

@marc_ It sounds like maybe the computer is the problem not the Nano, reload the device driver (you may have to manually replace the driver). In T2Laser this can be done in the Help menu, not sure about other programs as I've only used T2Laser.

• I guess i fried the Nano chip somehow by accidentally touching it while on power.
    I replaced the Nano chip, uploaded the the Eleksrom and now it runs again.
    Thank you

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.