EleksMaker EleksLaser-A5 Pro 2500mW. Is GRBL 1.1 possible?

• Hello,
    I bought an EleksMaker EleksLaser-A5 Pro 2500mW Laser Engraving Machine and it work very well.

But as the Title said: Is there any possibility to update the grbl from version 0.9 to 1.1, because there were so many cool features!

If it is possible, where can I find the latest grbl-version and
    how can I do the update?

Best regards
    Fritz Mayr (Austria)

• It is possible to use 1.1 but it depends what software you are using. At the moment 1.1 will not work with Elekscam.

You have to use ben cut laser or t2 laser softwares if you want 1.1e to work. As pledgy said elekscam and benbox don't work with 1.1

• You can also use Inkscape or now with 1.1 using the new features it's easy to use programs like artcam as it will only burn on G1 feed moves. I have had good results using offset tool path in artcam to do filled text, I used that on the car mat logo I posted earlier.

• Thank you guys for the answers.
    Ok now I know that elekscam and benbox do not work with 1.1.

I would like to use the software "Lasergrbl" because its open :) so I can adapt the software for my whishes. I would not use T2Laser.

To use the cool features from 1.1, I musst update the firmware (mana SE) to 1.1.
    With which software can i do the firmware update?
    Where can I download the 1.1 gbrl-Version?

thanks for your help
    bg fritz mayer

• Hello, thanks I found the solution. I used T2Laser to update the firmware to 1.1.
    And now I use "Lasergrbl" with the new firmware and it works very well :)

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.