Need wiring diagram for 7000 mw laser

• Need wiring diagram for 7000 mw laser unit

• @John-Bradford I purchased the 7w diy laser. I know that two of the pwm pins are plus and minus 12 volt D.C. What does the third pin, the pwm lead, expect to see? Plus 5 volts or plus 12 volts and exactly what does this signal do to the laser out put. I am using my own breakout board and Mach 3 to run this machine. No eleksmaker board at all.

• You guys are looking but not saying anything, how about this then, does anyone know where to find documentation on this laser?
    Any information at all?

well the eleks people are likely in China, i suspect they are asleep.

I do not anything about the laser, is it even a laser that eleksmaker promoted as it own laser?

•  EleksMaker LA03-7000 445nm 7000mW Blue Laser Module. It is theirs, they manufactured it and then did not document it ppnor did they provide any instructions. It may be a wonderful product but getting any information at all is a huge pain!

• @John-Bradford said in Need wiring diagram for 7000 mw laser:

EleksMaker LA03-7000 445nm 7000mW Blue Laser Module. It is theirs, they manufactured it and then did not document it ppnor did they provide any instructions. It may be a wonderful product but getting any information at all is a huge pain!

Well, it has been over night and still no response. I have been searching for information since April 25 and there has been no help from the company. Guess what kind of reference I will be!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

You probably won't get a response until Wednesday, it is Dragon Boat Festival so most companies are closed.

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@John-Bradford said in Need wiring diagram for 7000 mw laser:

Need wiring diagram for 7000 mw laser unit

i am sorry for your encounter . but in fact , we are not selling any 7000mw laser module

so , your laser is banggood OEM module. so , we dont have their wiring diagram,

BUT , you can take a picture of your module , and we will try to help you of wiring diagram

Best Regards,
    Z

@EleksMaker-Z sadly it is very confusing using banggood because they mark everything as eleksmaker but only half is genuine. :(

I think this is the one he bought

https://www.banggood.com/EleksMaker-LA03-7000-445nm-7000mW-Blue-Laser-Module-With-Heatsink-For-DIY-Laser-Engraver-Machine-p-1127310.html?rmmds=search

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@nottingham82 said in Need wiring diagram for 7000 mw laser:

@EleksMaker-Z sadly it is very confusing using banggood because they mark everything as eleksmaker but only half is genuine. :(

I think this is the one he bought

https://www.banggood.com/EleksMaker-LA03-7000-445nm-7000mW-Blue-Laser-Module-With-Heatsink-For-DIY-Laser-Engraver-Machine-p-1127310.html?rmmds=search

thats true , so we are under developing our own store , and we will send our gift card to your guys who make huge contribution to forum~

• Developer of T2Laser Software

Your own store would be great, then we know the quality and support is from you guys!

• That is indeed the unit I have and thus you have a better photo than I can provide.

My question is regarding the pwm pins. One is plus 12 volts, one is ground. The next pin is not marked. Is it plus or minus at what voltage. AND what is the function of this pin?

You are just across town, or maybe next door and better able to decipher this data. Would you do me the favor of asking some one?

The lesson I am learning is not good for your business. Any help you can provide will be appreciated and reflected in any future writing I do.

I shall wait your response before I explode in anger!

Thanks

the three pin set up is a standard (or at least new standard) way of controlling a laser. 12 volt (+), a ground, and a ttl input. The ttl input tells the laser how much power to use. Whole, half, some percentage, etc. This ttl input is controled by the mosfet on the control board. I believe they are a 5volt max on the ttl but... you know how standards are... anyone can deviate from them if they choose. There are also 4 pin ttl board which require 12 volt (+), ground, ttl 5 volt (+), and a second ground. Hope that helps. What kind of control board are you using?

FYI I just looked at the listing on banngood again and it says the ttl input is 5volt. Or you can use pwm. That is the two pin control. Just +/- 12volt. Pulse width modulation pulses the laser to give you lower powers but isnt as precise as a 5volt ttl controller. Oh and I wouldnt hold your breath on eleksmaker giving wiring advice on a product that isnt theirs.... that would probably incur a level of liability that they dont need. But seeing as how I dont have any money to my name, I am more than happy to help you burn your house down.

• Thank you for your response, you have verified the thoughts I was having on the subject.
    I will use the 5 V TTL To control the laser by turning it off and on and the button on the back of the unit to go to low power when needed.
    I am using a breakout board that controls the steppers and other functions of my Home designed and built cnc router.

The plan is to use the laser as another tool while I complete the projects that I am already doing with only cutting tools. Wood-burning by way of the laser will add an entirely new dimension to the work I am doing.

In my opinion less worry about liability and more concern for Goodwill and customer satisfaction would stand them in much better position.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.