No X movement on A3 5500mw laser engraver

• Hello,
    I have an A3 5500mw laser engraver from GearBest and I don' t have x movement. Running with Benbox . I have already done some engravings but while I was trying today to arrange the engraving array the x motor stopped moving.
    Please help.

well it could be a couple things. First switch the wire from the x with the wire from the y. This will tell you if there is a break in the wire. Then if that still does nothing plug the y stepper driver into the x motor. This will tell you if the controller is malfunctioning. If the motor jogs using the y control then your motor is fine and move on to the stepper driver (the red controller on the board). First check the voltage of the controller. I'll post a photo. If it is low turn the philips screw (pot) to the right 1/8 of a turn until you have proper voltage. If you are getting no voltage even after turning it up, you need a new stepper driver.

Zax says to try 0.3 VDC (X) and 0.6 VDC (2Y) for the motor drivers. Also turn everything off and make sure the gantry moves freely.

alt text

• Hello and thank you for your suggestions.
    Fortunately the solution was very simple. I don't know how but I changed by mistake the x axis step from 2 to 0. I feel like a fool but this is what happened. I turned it back to 2 and everything ran smoothly.
    Thanks again

• you do speak portuguese or spanish?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.