Laser (5.5 W) stays on with mana SE board

• I ordered an " EleksMaker® EleksLaser-A3 Pro 5500mW Laser Engraving Machine CNC Laser Printer " on banggood

It came with a mana se controller board.

I install different software (benbox, elekscam, t2laser)

When I install a new software, i always deleted the previous software and did everything according to the manual.

According to the software, I had always a good connection with the machine and when I try them out, I always managed to move de x and y direction without any porblem. But I never succeed in turnig the laser off. The only way that I can turn it off is by pushing the powerbuttom.

There are two buttoms on the laser. I also![0_1496307053783_20170601_082312.jpg](Uploading 100%) tried every diferent combination...
    Weak ON/OFF --- PWM/TTL/+

I do not know what I can do more, can anyone help me please

• I ordered an " EleksMaker® EleksLaser-A3 Pro 5500mW Laser Engraving Machine CNC Laser Printer " on banggood

It came with a mana se controller board.

I install different software (benbox, elekscam, t2laser)

When I install a new software, i always deleted the previous software and did everything according to the manual.

According to the software, I had always a good connection with the machine and when I try them out, I always managed to move de x and y direction without any porblem. But I never succeed in turnig the laser off. The only way that I can turn it off is by pushing the powerbuttom.

There are two buttoms on the laser. I also tried every diferent combination...
    Weak ON/OFF --- PWM/TTL/+

I do not know what I can do more, can anyone help me please

• Developer of T2Laser Software

It's probably a bad laser module, but can you confirm you loaded the correct firmware for each software?

• Thank you for your response, if it's a bad laser module what can I do to fix it (or is buing a new one, the only option -because it is quite expensive-)?
    I hope this is under warranty

I loaded the firmware as was indicated in the manual. So I suppose I loaded the correct firmware.

for benbox --> LX.hex (selected nano(328p)/LX-nano board)
    for elekscam it went automaticly, when flashing the rom
    for t2laser I forgot with firmware I used

To verify, disconnect the TTL signal wire (S pin) from the Mana SE board and short it to Ground (- pin). If the laser is still on, it's got a fault driver.

I don't think they sell the driver board separately so you would need to request a replacement laser module.

• The laser is always on, even when I remove the USB-cable.
    I tried again all the different softwares...

I didn't try to dusconnect the TTL wire and short it to Ground, because I didn't know exactly what to do.
    If I understand it correctly, I should take out the yellow cable en put them next to the black one (on the board side)

• When I measure the voltage between the + and - from the laser pins on the Mana SE board, it's always 12V.

• @Rasset The 12v from the laser socket should be constant like you have found. Zax was asking you to disconnect the S-pin to test if for some reason you were getting a voltage through this pin when the laser should have been off. as you have a meter you could test to see if you are getting 5V at the s-pin if you are struggling to remove the yellow wire from the connector.

The reason I said you remove the wire and short it is your volt meter may not indicate any signal due to the PWM frequency. If you short it, you know for sure and can then request a replacement.

• I measured the voltage between the s-pin and the ground.
    It's indeed 5V when I put the laser on on the software en 0V I put the laser off on the software (benbox)

• Should I also remove the signal wire to do the test? Or is this enough evidence to request a new laser module?

Is it always FULL on or does it go dim but stay on?

If it's always bright I think you've done enough to prove it's a bad driver on the laser. It's still possible the 0V you measure is actually a PWM signal that would drive the laser but not record any voltage, an oscilloscope would show you for sure or you can ground it to confirm.

• I can switch it to low power... with the switch on top of the laser. But not with the software or in any other way.
    So I will try to connect these wires. I should take out the yellow cable en put them next to the black one (on the board side)
    Is this the right way?

I believe you've already proven it's a laser driver issue so you need a replacement module that responds correctly. See if they want you to do anything else before approving a replacement.

• Ok thanks a lot, I will make a video where I show those things.
    I keep u updated.

• I made 2 videos and send them to banggood. I hope I get a replacement module.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

@Rasset

Looks like the power buttone is held down the whole time. Your video shows you click laser on, then laser off, then back to laser on...and the laser is on.

• @Rasset : what was the solution in the end?
    I have now the same problem it seems.
    (tho i have a different laser module that is only connected with 2 pins at the motor socket) My laser does not turn off anymore only by powering off the mana se board.
    malicious board?

• @micc I still didn't find a solution... very frustrating...
    I got an e-mail from bang-good with this suggestion

Would you please remove the 16V capacitance from control board and then contact power supply and turn on it?
    If the control board could work well,the problem is capacitance.Please send a video showing it for us.

Looking forward your reply.

• Replace the values "laser 12,12 /to/ Laser 11,11" The newer Manta SE is using pin 11 for the laser control.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.