Laser precision

• Hi, before I buy the EleksLaser-A3 Pro 2500mW, I want to know the capacity of the machine.

1. I need it to engrave small drawing (like a dial on a watch).
    2. I need very fine line and precision.
    3. I need grayscale too.
    4. I need a 0.5 mm, 1 mm deep engravement.

This machine will do it?

1. If so, the best software to do it...T2laser, LaserWeb, EleksCam?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

What material are you engraving? Wood or Acrylic you can expect 0.5 to 1 mm for line engraving but not for a greyscale image.

What do you call very fine line and precision? You can achieve 0.1 mm line width at best, but should expect 0.12 to 0.15 mm with included lens.

The best software is the one that does what you need. I would suggest you try them all, especially T2Laser but I may be biased ;)

• Thank you for you fast answer.
    I will engrave wood.
    In wich situation I can engrave greyscale image?

• Do you offer a free support if I buy your software T2laser?
    I'm not a geek; is it user friendly?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

You can engrave greyscale (raster image) but it won't be deep like line engraving (vector drawing).

Yes, I offer free support. There are videos and a manual to help you get started, plus many users that can help also.

The trial is free but limited to 10,000 lines of G-code for raster and 1,000 for vector. It allows you to test your machine and also see if you like the software.

assuming you arent using super hardwoods, I dont see your needs being a problem. However there will be a learning curve. If you want to go deep and not have scorching around the engraving you may need to use masking tape on the area, go slow, and blow air on it to be certain it doesnt get too hot and catch fire. The air assist as its called is not a stock feature. I use an air compressor but some people just use a little pc style fan. It depends on your needs. I think compressed air is best for removing ash so you can cut all the way through wood. That may be excessive for your needs.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.