Vote : Do you use Windows or Mac OS

Hm. Mac support you say? Obviously there are lot more Windows users then Mac users on this site as from old days - not any-more so clearly - Windows = freedom and joy of DIY, but Mac = 100% readiness and just using what you have. So - if you want port what you have now to Mac, you fail seriously as if Windows users forgive sometimes your mistakes in software and use alternatives, then Mac users just want use what they get without brain-pain.
    So - my suggestion - please finish your EleksCAM for Windows and use the horde of Windows users for testing purposes as they are get used to be more flexible and understanding about bugs in software. After then port it to Mac. Now you have nothing. Not working software for Windows nor Mac. If you abandon Windows release as you have done already and make just the same crap to Mac - you lose even more clients...

• Windows

windows only

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@MuuSer said in Vote : Do you use Windows or Mac OS:

Hm. Mac support you say? Obviously there are lot more Windows users then Mac users on this site as from old days - not any-more so clearly - Windows = freedom and joy of DIY, but Mac = 100% readiness and just using what you have. So - if you want port what you have now to Mac, you fail seriously as if Windows users forgive sometimes your mistakes in software and use alternatives, then Mac users just want use what they get without brain-pain.
    So - my suggestion - please finish your EleksCAM for Windows and use the horde of Windows users for testing purposes as they are get used to be more flexible and understanding about bugs in software. After then port it to Mac. Now you have nothing. Not working software for Windows nor Mac. If you abandon Windows release as you have done already and make just the same crap to Mac - you lose even more clients...

sry , cause i am not the writer of EleksCAM , otherwise i can finished and make that well in only few days, but i will try to write some more useful tools.

and in the furture , we will bring some fun stuff (not only cnc machine) and for that , i will release both win and mac os version software

• Developer of T2Laser Software

Windows for me too, but your software will already run on a Mac either using parallels (best option) or bootcamp (cheapest option).

@Zax said in Vote : Do you use Windows or Mac OS:

bootcamp

i like bootcamp XD

• @EleksMaker-Z offtopic
    can i use a probe tool in the eleksmill?

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister sorry i didnt see it, A5pin answer my question thanks a lot

• Make the Windows version work smooth first!

• @EleksMaker-Z
    I am a Mac user and I would prefer to work on the Mac platform. I also now a windows PC that is meant for fallback if I stumble across software that just does not work on Mac.
    Another possibility would be to develop to develop cross platform (e.g. in Java) so you would also reach the makers who use Linux all at once...

• @EleksMaker-Z I am on a Macbook Pro

• @EleksMaker-Z Neither! I just ordered an A3 Pro X, and intend using Linux. When it arrives, I'll document my results.

• both

• @foxylad said in Vote : Do you use Windows or Mac OS:

@EleksMaker-Z Neither! I just ordered an A3 Pro X, and intend using Linux. When it arrives, I'll document

I'm also a Linux user-- I've ordered the same kit with the optional Z axis and I am wondering what solutions people use to run the laser and the spindle under Linux.

This post is deleted!

• I use both. I hate windows. Mac is SOO much better (in my opinion)

• This already runs on mac but not with your your software porting it will not be so easy either unless you drop DOTNET and use golang java or another cross platform and then even these have their quirks.

MAC without doubt is a better operation system it's unix based for a start thus has a enterprise file system. I tried to get to your software to run in a VM with windows 7 but to no avail @Zax did recommend to use T Laser which at the time I had downloaded but as I had found weblaser which does run on mac/windows/linux I thought I would give it a go, then has presto all working well.

I have never had your software working locally so I can't compare the Gcode version between the two.

So basiclly I say your software should accomidate all user windows MAC and LINUX..

• Windows

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.