Big Foot Laser 15w + Mana SE Acan Module

• @Zax said in Big Foot Laser 15w + Mana SE Acan Module:

b

But, is for cutting, so i hope that que speedy are good to cut 3mm MDF

My client need to cut parts do RC models (helicopters and airplanes), parts to use into fuselage and fiz electronics components and others related things.

Ok, in resume i can use the original mana SE firmware with this motors and original mana SE Board. Right?

Many thanks for all assistance!

Cheers,

• Developer of T2Laser Software

You need to adjust motor driver current as these require much lower power or you will just burn out (fuse) the coils.

If you don't change the driver microstepping you will need to double the steps per mm for each axis or it will travel half distance.

The motor torque is very low, so I expect it is going to stall and lose steps.

• @Zax

You need to adjust motor driver current as these require much lower power or you will just burn out (fuse) the coils. : OK!

If you don't change the driver microstepping you will need to double the steps per mm for each axis or it will travel half distance. Can I adjust this in EleksCAM, right?

The motor torque is very low, so I expect it is going to stall and lose steps. Ok, i will say if i have success soon, if not i will use NEMA 17 motors

@ianobre I don't use EleksCAM but you can easily adjust with any terminal program (UGS, CoolTerm, T2Laser).

• @Zax Works fine with in tests (without laser module) in T2Laser.

In T2laser where can i adjust this configuration? (steps per mm) :confused:

• Look the 1st moves. :-)

Youtube Video

@ianobre

did client request mdf for rc plane and helicopter? mdf is heavy and not ideal for rc aircarft. Balsa wood or 3mm craft plywood is better option.

• @mrmister :-)

[OFF-TOPPIC]

At really the mdf is only for structural parts or interna structure. For fuselage and anything else, you are right, balsa is the better option.

Parts like "firewall" where the motor are fixed (airplanes) MDF is so much better.

Are you rc pilot too?

@ianobre

I have built a foam board RC plane, it flew great!

I flew 2ft did a flip, and hit me in the ribs.
    I have a DIY DJI based quadcopter

@ianobre [please open a chat to me or contact me via e-mail]

If you are using the trial the feature is disabled, with the registered version you enable debug mode and there's a command box.

You would enter:

$100=160

and

$101=160

(this is double the normal 80 and only for your 0.9 deg stepper using the same micro-stepping as standard)

• @EleksMaker-Z or @EleksMaker can you confirm if can i change this value ( microstepping ) to use another tipe of motors, in my case with 0.9 degree, or any other motor different of 1.8 degrees?

Say yes, say yes, please...

Best,

• And now, the final results :-)

1st tests:

• Only engraving tests ( dont consider the cutters in the wood )
    • Laser 500mw (from EleksDraw :-) )
    • Works perfect with EleksCAM without any modification of software or firmware. Just Plug and Play
    • In Mana SE i changed the drivers for drivers with specific configuration of my motors
    • I need to fix the cables now and change the laser module for 15w module.

1_1498223721178_IMG_2826.JPG

0_1498223721177_IMG_2839.JPG

@ianobre

Is second picture mdf or supa wood? How many passes to cut through it?

• @mrmister i buy this wood with the specification: MDF Natural and 3mm

This cuts has made with 15w Laser (real 8W), 80% of power 1 pass. At most os cases is necessary a 2nd pass only to release the piece the cutted part and dont leave any signal.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.