Text not coming out as it should

• I have just got the Eleksmaker A3 laser engraver, I have it all set up and have downloaded both Elekscam and T2 laser. If I write some text, it does not come out the way it should. The letters are all misshapen, and the 'o' never lines up. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you :-)

Its just a setup issue. You need to adjust your belt tension and that your wheels are moving smoothly. When the machine is off it should move smoothly by pushing it gently.

• Thank you, I think you have located what is causing it. I checked and all the nuts are loose which are going through the wheels of both the sides, (the runner holding the laser is good and goes smoothly and as it should) I noticed I had left the washers off, so I put them on and did them all up reasonably tight (not too tight as I don't want to break the Perspex) only now it's really stiff to move and when I try and move it using the computer, it just clicks and does not move. Any idea what could be causing this?

@Smartyn1

You just have to experiment woth lossening and tightening.

Try, disconnect ALL wires from the stepper and laser. Now, with your hand move the gantry along each axis. It should move without difficulty on each

Sometime belt tight sometime wheel assembly too tight.

Too much friction for the stepper motors to overcome. You need to loosen lube and free stuff up a bit

@Smartyn1 as nottingham suggest, it is trial and error.

• Thanks guys, I will keep adjusting and playing. I do feel I'm getting closer. Out of interest, I was practicing engraving on some wood that was unvarnished, do you think that could interfere with the quality of the end result?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

If you think the belts are correct (about 1/4" deflection with light finger pressure) and there's no friction, you may also want to check the motor driver current. You'll need a volt meter but if they're too low or high it will cause weird problems.

• @Smartyn1 said in Text not coming out as it should:

Thanks guys, I will keep adjusting and playing. I do feel I'm getting closer. Out of interest, I was practicing engraving on some wood that was unvarnished, do you think that could interfere with the quality of the end result?

I meant the wood I'm using is varnished.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

It shouldn't make any difference, actually may be better.

• Thank you for answering me. I have adjusted the belts again, and I just having a play again now. There are many different option to choose when setting it up and different ones seem to work better with different texts. The wood is quite dark, which I don't think does the etchings much justice. But given that I have never used one before, or even looked at doing anything like this, I believe its a case of me trying to run before I can walk. But with the help of you guys and reading other forums and watching more YouTube videos than ever before, I feel that I will get there. :-)

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.