EleksMana SE Board to control H-Bot Laser

• Hi

Can the EleksMana SE be configured to run a H-Bot style laser?
    Is the software able to do this or do I need an intermediary system?

Thanks

Yeah it shouldn't be a problem. I believe the laser axe setup is a 2 wire 12vilt system so you wire it to the Mana se port labeled motor

• Thanks for the feedback Nottingham82 but I'm meaning can the software and board drive a H-Bot configured machine where both of the Steppers are fixed at the ends and gantry and shuttle moved only by the belt?
    eg: the steeper is not mounted on the gantry like a normal CNC machine.

Do I need to flash the ROM and install something else to do this?
    Is the code available somewhere as Im sure this has been done before using these.

Oh yeah that isn't an issue. The board has no idea what your stepper motors are doing. It just turns them. The only problem you may have is if your steps per mm are different than the eleksmaker ones are. And that is easily adjusted. I suspect you plan on using elekscam software?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

I think you'll need custom firmware, but the hardware and software are no problem. I believe this configuration is supported in Grbl, it's similar to CoreXY.

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@bobspencerr said in EleksMana SE Board to control H-Bot Laser:

Thanks for the feedback Nottingham82 but I'm meaning can the software and board drive a H-Bot configured machine where both of the Steppers are fixed at the ends and gantry and shuttle moved only by the belt?
    eg: the steeper is not mounted on the gantry like a normal CNC machine.

Do I need to flash the ROM and install something else to do this?
    Is the code available somewhere as Im sure this has been done before using these.

the newst Mana SE firmware can support general xy and corexy machine , cause we custom the GRBL and add corexy/xy or some other function, so we dont have any other rom for H-Bot switch .

but when i have time , i can write a H-Bot firmware for you

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.