New to just about everything!! Please Help!!

• Hi all,
    Thanks so much for all the awesome posts!! It has helped a lot since I started this machine up..
    I need a little help please...

1. Settings... My engraving is coming our dark and i can literally see a little flame now and then when I engrave ha ha
      Can anyone tell me what the base line settings will be... if there is such a thing... for engraving on pine??

2. My engraving is totally misaligned..and some of the text doesnt even come through. It doesnt look like it does on the pc at all..

Please please if you could give me any advice i would appreciate it!!

I am using and EleksLaser A3 2.5W and the EleksMaker Evolution Desktop Cam V3.1 Software! 1_1498051078250_20170621_150823.jpg 0_1498051078249_20170621_150756.jpg n

Ok well you have some belt tension/ wheel bearing/ stepper voltage issues. Meaning the belts are not turning correctly. This can be belts too tight or too loose, the wheels binding, or the stepper voltage too high or low. You have to learn your machine settings. My machine might not equate to yours. I'd start out at 1500mm/min full power with my air compressor blowing air on the engraved area to keep the smoke and flames away. You may need to adjust your power down. And speed up

• Thank you.. I have been working with the belts and wheels a bit and it seems to be getting better.. I want to try cut some 3mm ply wood but I cant seem to get the program to just cut an outline... as soon as I press generate there is no image.. It says no data... small things driving me crazy!!

Did you click run program as administrator?

• I can cut outline if I select textcarve

• hmmm I dont think so?? What difference would that make??
    Total Noob Mistake isnt it??

• Okay so I am getting less pop up errors in Administrator mode ha ha
    Thanks for that...
    Well I have tried to cut 3mm Ply Wood at max power and very slow and its not working...
    Seriously frustrated right now...

• @TeLLe I'm still learning about these laser products but from what I've read, your not going to be able to cut 3mm ply wood with a 2.5W laser in one pass. According to another forum it may take 6 passes to cut craft plywood with that power laser.

• I will give it a shot.. thank you...
    I am trying to do a photo now but also not winning lol
    I still have so much to learn..

@TeLLe

the key phrase is CRAFT PLYWOOD. That can be cut in about 6 passes.

These machines require much finesse to get to acceptable operation.

e.g
    belt tension
    speed
    squaring/tramming
    focus of laser
    wheel tension

With the power off and wires disconnected, Can you move the axis with your hand?

You really just have to experiment. Don't try a full project.

Create circles, squares and triangles, the alignment if the shapes will let you know if your machine is ready for an actial project.

• THanks for the reply..
    That is pretty much what I am doing..
    I started a photo and it will work but 1 hour 20 min and it has only done the top of the head... :(
    I hate that these machines dont come with basic instructions,,
    I know someone in my area that has the same machine and she cut 3mm Supa wood..
    I am struggling.. I dont know what settings I am even setting.. I dont know the max speed for this machine... You tube is not really helping...

I have been setting the belts and I can move it easily with my hand when the cables are out..
    This all takes so long.. did i buy the wrong machine.. should I have waited and gone bigger??

• ElekMaker Develop Department

@TeLLe said in New to just about everything!! Please Help!!:

THanks for the reply..
    That is pretty much what I am doing..
    I started a photo and it will work but 1 hour 20 min and it has only done the top of the head... :(
    I hate that these machines dont come with basic instructions,,
    I know someone in my area that has the same machine and she cut 3mm Supa wood..
    I am struggling.. I dont know what settings I am even setting.. I dont know the max speed for this machine... You tube is not really helping...

I have been setting the belts and I can move it easily with my hand when the cables are out..
    This all takes so long.. did i buy the wrong machine.. should I have waited and gone bigger??

sry , we will try to make a lots of instructions in next week , cause we are lack of people now . :cry:

• ElekMaker Develop Department

and i think you can try another material , and recheck the laser focus , make speed a littel slower ,

BTW , the image choose is important , some pic may not be best choose for carving.

i think i have tried the material like you use few years ago, and here is the result

0_1498186568442_upload-b5590851-df55-442b-af15-16cd9d2d1063

Best Regards,
    Z

• Thank you so much for your reply.. I know its a learning process so I am trying to figure everything out.
    I am struggling to get the engraving lighter... I want to do photos that do not have a huge amount of detail... I will attach an example.. my engraving is coming out so dark.. no matter how i set it..
    Please help...
    Is the maximum power set to 1000 in the EleksCam Program??
    What is the maximum speed?? 1500mm/min??
    THe cutting I am slowly working at... I see if I cut really slowly at a high power it gets though but like you said I will have to look at my type of wood for that..
    Can I engrave on pine or does it burn too quickly??

I do apologize if I sounded harsh.. I just got a bunch of pictures advertised with the machine on a site here in South Africa... what this machine could do and it cant seem to get any of this right... 0_1498300857106_18556251_1357152357708065_6024457522719427827_n.jpg

@TeLLe you'll get it if you keep at it. It's as much of an art as a skill. I don't know about elekscamcam but ive run my machine as fast as 3000 mm/min. Keep testing small things too you get the result you want before you go for a big picture.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

The example you posted is dithered rather than grey scale, so perhaps using that mode and high feed rate will provide the results you are looking for.

• I will definitely keep a it... this is more fun than frustrating.. I finally got my belt tension right so my lines are virtually gone now...
    Now I am playing with the different shades.. then i will move to the cutting... Like the attached picture... I know I still have alot to learn.. I just get frustrated when I dont know what my next step is!!
    0_1498320301572_18582137_1361798873910080_8732442828568300607_n.jpg

@TeLLe

Are you still using Elekscam? If you are, then what @zax suggested about greyscale and dithered would not apply. If you are using another program greyscale or dithered may apply.

Nice work.

Would you be willing to post a description of the materials you are using?

• This in not my work.. This is what I am trying to achieve :) I seriously want to cut this out but it is not easy.. I cant seem to get it through the last layer...

• I am using EleksCam as my software as I dont know any others and if I look for software its in $ which works out very expensive here is South Africa

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.