Wheels and Guide

• Hi. So i have built my A3 eleksmaker pro.
    But the wheels seem to be abit stif and not so fee moving as Ive seen others. Also the rubber guide seems to keep slipping out on either end. Is there a better way to make it tight so the rubber band doesn't slip out?

rubber band? where do you have a rubber band?

Are the wheels stiff off the machine too or just due to being pressed hard against the rail? If they are always stiff you could try a dot of some oil to lube them up.

• Hi. I'm talking about the rubber piece which connect to the motor to make the device roll back and forth etc. It keeps coming loose coz it slips out on the ends.
    When i was holding the plate with the wheels on they were very stiff and didnt turn. Must there be a washer before and after the wheel before putting the end cap on. And must it be made tight?

• @nottingham82 i believe its the treads or track

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister how do I post a picture. I did. Almoat turned the screw so tight that it almost cracked the plastic. But as soon as I move the it back and forth it starts to pull out.

This post is deleted!

• @mrmister I'm starting to thing so. Do you think putting thenround washer between the wheel and the screws etc will help

oh we call the rubber band a "belt"

hmm it sounds like you are doing something wrong but I dont know what. They shouldnt slip out. at all.

Press this button to upload an image of how you have it mounted and we can see what is going wrong.0_1498839587972_upload.png

This post is deleted!

• @nottingham82 3_1498841194455_20170630_183754.jpg 2_1498841194428_20170630_183824.jpg 1_1498841194379_20170630_184329.jpg 0_1498841194328_20170630_184423.jpg

I made the wheels a bit looser seemed to help abit but still the belt rolls up.

• You will notice that i put the laser plate on the outside. Will it make a difference? Kinda didn't notice it until a bit late

haha I didnt even notice that at first. That is how they used to be designed so no that is not a problem but take the blue anodized piece off. If you have it directly mounted you dont need the the blue mounting piece.

your acrylic comes with paper on it to prevent scratching... you can take that off.

ok so I dont see anything wrong with your wheel set up. It should be snug but not tightened down.

Your belt tensioners... loosen them and move them 1 cm away from the edge. pull the belt tight then tighten the small screw, push whole thing back toward the edge and tighten down the big screw. If this doesnt work you may have the wrong small screw. (I actually suspect this is your major problem) The small one should be long enough to push it hard into belt and wedge it against the metal.

• @nottingham82 ok cool will definitely give it a go in the morning. I only have two sets of small screes the long one and short one. I used the short one as the long one just didn't seem right also i don't think i have enough of the long ones. Whats in the box is all I have left. Will give it a go and give feedback in the morning.

Thanx for the help

• @nottingham82 the small one has a small nut on the end. Is that correct? You can only turn the small one so much till it just keeps turning.

This post is deleted!

@Leon the small screw can be put on before you mount it. just take the whole thing off tighten the small screw and then leave it. Mine are so tight on the belt it leaves a circle indentation on the belt even after they have been removed.

• @mrmister will definitely try that as I have alot left. Coz i know the nut on the one end has grooves as well

• @nottingham82 will make it as tigh as possible to have it push threw the nut then it will touch the metal, really squeeze it tight

• @Leon Hi there... I had the same issues with my wheels... the flange nuts that come with your kit are a bit too wide and tighten down onto the outer rim of the bearing thus stiffening it. Put one of the slightly smaller washers between it and the wheel bearing and then you can tighten it down quite firmly and the wheel will still move smoothly!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.