Elekscam can't find serial port

• I have just assembled an A3 Laser system from Banggood with the Mana SE controller connected to a Windows 10 PC. I followed the download and installation instructions on this forum, including the reset of the ROM and the driver installation. The COM port shows as COM7 with the CH340 driver but selecting COM7 and then a refresh still produces the "failed to find serial port" message.
    I can connect to the Nano and see that it is running grbl 0.9i. I have checked the "Run as administrator" in the compatibility section of the Properties window. Suggestions?? updates??

@jimg46

FIRST follow these STEPS before posting a question.

1. DO NOT SUPPLY POWER TO YOUR LASER OR THE CONTROL BOARD UNTIl INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BELOW

2. Change Regional Setting DECIMAL , to .

3. Install Eleksmaker Cam software on your computer.

4. Right click elekscam icon on deskstop, select PROPERTIES, select
      COMPATIBILITY, check the box Run this program as an administrator, click APPLY, click OK.

5. Open elekscam.

6. Plug the USB into the NANO.

7. Plug USB into your computer.

8. open In elekscam click SETTING section
      8a. Install the DRIVER.
      8b. CLOSE elekscam.

9. OPEN elekscam
      9a. In elekscam select COTROL
      9b. In COTROL select a PORT -DO NOT CLICK THE REFRESH SYMBOL, DO NOT CLICK THE REFRESH SYMBOL.
      9c. In elekscam selct SETTING
      9d. In SETTING click RST ROM - let the software run.

10. After software installs CLOSE elekscam.

11. Open elekscam.

12. In CONTROL, look for PORT, select the appropriate COM port.

13. PLUG IN THE POWER TO YOUR LASER.

• The problem is purely that EleksCAM only says that it can't find the serial port when the program starts. If I select the comport from the drop-down list I can send Gcode movements and turn the laser on and off, so it is all working. Most likely related to the nano clone using the CH340 chips.

@jimg46

so everything is "working" then?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.