My New Laser

• Well folks I finally took possession of my new laser module from Eleksmaker this morning so I am hoping that by this afternoon I will have singed my first bit of wood! On the subject of postage for the laser although it came quite quickly (just over a week) I also incurred £23 of import duty so just be aware that this is an issue. That being said if the laser finally works then I really dont mind too much.

Anyway... the real reason I came on here is I am after @Zax your T2 software is it?...I forgot where to get it... I have stripped that benbox rubbish off and also removed the eleksmaker software and once I have had a go with your trial version will be looking to purchase as to be fair I have heard nothing but good about it! Please can you let me know where I can get the trial version please?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@PhotonPhil Thank you for your interest.

You can get it from my secure server:
    https://t2laser.blob.core.windows.net/install/setup.exe

or from one of the download sites:
    http://download.cnet.com/T2Laser/3000-2130_4-76476538.html

• yep... snagged it.... now... I have managed to do a Grid and I even tinkered with a basic shape but it would only do the first quarter of it... I assume this is because it is limited in the trial version? Also I am having a little difficulty in setting where the laser starts from... anyone point me to a good tutorial?

Thanks guys

@PhotonPhil trial is limited, but honestly there is no reason to "try it to see if it works" T2 and Bencutlaser are two program that were created specifically for low power laser machines. Each program has near immediate support,

in T2 to set home use FILE, CONTROL LASER, options for movement are 1, 5, 20, 50

Then select the first drop and HOME.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

and if I'm not immediately available for support there's a large group of fantastic users to help you!

To set home you can right click on the house icon, or from the Machine menu select "Set Origin (Workpiece )".

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.