Improving capacity of the EleksDraw or EleksLaser

• Would it be possible to improve the capacity of either the EleksDraw or the EleksLaser to be able to trace/cut way bigger things ? (like 2500mm x 500mm)

What would be needed to be changed appart from the obvious guides and drive belts and cables ?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Gand' I have several users that expanded their machines, in fact I created a firmware that swaps the axis just for that purpose.

At some point the standard belts would stretch too much, but you can go wider if needed.

• So, if i find longer belts and cable, it will work regardless of the length ? That's a good news !

What do you mean "swaps the axis" ?

@Gand' Yes. Say you make the Y-axis 2.5m and the X-axis (gantry) 0.5m, perhaps it would be better to have the Y-axis as the new X-axis, then on screen it will match the direction.

• Oh ok ! it makes sense !

And which model would you rather recommend for these dimensions ?

My intention is to trace and cut paragliders pieces, so my choice would be the EleksDraw, but the EleksLaser might be more stiff ?

@Gand' The EleksLaser is a much better choice to extend. I would not suggest trying to expand the EleksDraw as it's design would not be stable.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.