Limit Switches and Home position

• Although there are no output pins on the main drive board, does anyone know if the firmware supports limit switches or home position sensors?

I could wire a limit 'loop' through the 12v power without modifying the board, the only problem would be I have to move it off the limit switch manually, once it hits.

A home sensor would be useful though, does anyone have any specs of the controller and the firmware?

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@Steve-Hobley T2Laser firmware and software supports home switches, you can also set virtual limits. You will also find preset positions and more.

This post is deleted!

• No, but I did ask Google what a 'Mana' board was. As per the Setting page in EleksCam, and one or two of the documents I had seen in this forum.

Thanks for this great info, I just hooked up a serial terminal to the device and poked around a bit. This is what I got:

Grbl 0.9i ['$' for help]
    $$ (view Grbl settings)
    $# (view # parameters)
    $G (view parser state)
    $I (view build info)
    $N (view startup blocks)
    $x=value (save Grbl setting)
    $Nx=line (save startup block)
    $C (check gcode mode)
    $X (kill alarm lock)
    $H (run homing cycle)
    ~ (cycle start)
    ! (feed hold)
    ? (current status)
    ctrl-x (reset Grbl)
    ok
    ?
    <Idle,MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000,WPos:0.000,0.000,0.000>
    [G54:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G55:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G56:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G57:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G58:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G59:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G28:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G30:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [G92:0.000,0.000,0.000]
    [TLO:0.000]
    [PRB:0.000,0.000,0.000:0]
    ok

So I had just figured out this was GRBL. ;)

I was hoping this was just an unbranded arduino after all, the fact that it uses GRBL is a bonus, and MUCH better than that darned Laser Cutter a bought many moons ago (never worked properly).

Shameless plug : http://hackaday.com/2011/04/14/buying-a-laser-cutter-from-china/

Steve

The basic home switch configuration is uses 2 N.O. switches in parallel connected to D9, no resistors required.

I use separate home switches on my CNC and went with N.C., one on D9 and the other on D10.

Grbl supports most configurations, but if you want to use my firmware the first option is correct.

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

@mrmister Yes, that is the configuration I use on my CNC with T2Laser but I still choose to home one axis at a time (I don't know why, I just prefer it).

On the laser cheap N.O. switches is OK but for a more powerful CNC I prefer to have "safe" switches that are N.C. so if one fails the machine won't just keep going and crash.

It is simple to change the configuration and compile firmware, and most settings don't even need that, they can be changed with Grbl parameters.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.