T2 license and technical questions

• Hi, I guess this topic goes mainly for @Zax but I post it here so other people with the same questions might find some answers.

For some logistical reasons, I would like to be able to use T2 on 2 PCs (to drive a single laser) so I guess the usb dongle would fit me better...

1)with a single dongle can I use T2 on a winXP machine and a win10 machine?

2)I saw somewhere that Zax compiled a winXP version, is it still available and up to date?

3)somewhere I read that centerline trace is only available on x64 architectures, is this still true?

4)does T2 allows to make a "vectorize with fill" like lasergrbl does (see the very last image http://lasergrbl.com/en/usage/raster-image-import/vectorization-tool/)

5)I have a problem (with T2 and lasergrbl) each time I connect with the COM port, the laser turns on at full power for about 1sec, how can I avoid this? (I installed grbl1.1e from T2)

6)I read that T2 has grain compensation and other special features for cutting, where? How can I use them?

7)can I mix raster and vector images on T2? Like a dxf and a jpg

Thank you in advance for your answers

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@jorgemarmo

1)with a single dongle can I use T2 on a winXP machine and a win10 machine? In theory but I would have to test an XP system with a dongle to make sure it is compatible. I will try to verify this weekend.

2)I saw somewhere that Zax compiled a winXP version, is it still available and up to date? The XP version is not updated for every version, the latest is v1.3y. I would suggest a cheap Win10 machine.

3)somewhere I read that centerline trace is only available on x64 architectures, is this still true? Correct

4)does T2 allows to make a "vectorize with fill" like lasergrbl does (see the very last image http://lasergrbl.com/en/usage/raster-image-import/vectorization-tool/) Yes, you can fill or pseudo fill (hatch) vector or Sketch drawings.

5)I have a problem (with T2 and lasergrbl) each time I connect with the COM port, the laser turns on at full power for about 1sec, how can I avoid this? (I installed grbl1.1e from T2) That has been discussed at length in other threads. The laser driver has a poor design that isn't fail safe so when the TTL input "floats" the laser turns on instead of being pulled low and off. The easy fix is a 1kohm resistor from TTL to ground.

6)I read that T2 has grain compensation and other special features for cutting, where? How can I use them? Yes it does. You enable it in Settings, DXF Settings. It is called Vector Adjustment (in this case vector refers to the angle), you can adjust laser power or feed rate and set the amount etc. Other features like multi-pass cutting are found in other menus, press Shift F1 or click Help / Manual and read about all the options and their usage.

7)can I mix raster and vector images on T2? Like a dxf and a jpg. You can add Sketch to an Image, or trace portions of an image and combine the vector cutting (contour) with the raster image. In other cases you would have 2 files and can combine them manually or just run 2 g-code files.

• Hi Zax, thanks for he quick reply!

about the XP machine, I'm having a second thought.... probably I will generate the gCode with the win10 PC and then stream to the controller via laserGRBL....

a pull-down resistor, will do!

one other question, what exactly do T2 when in trace mode one clic 2 times near the same spot? it creates an odd darker larger zone...

Thank you!

• Other question, I'm having odd results with a dxf hatch, I get lines out of the border and some extra lines
    ![alt text](0_1503697702783_Capture.JPG image url)
    The very first on the tope is not supposed to be there, and changing the Custom Spacing, changes the lines overpassing the borders but it doesn't change the space between the lines.

0_1503698068099_Clipboard-1.jpg

0_1503698077109_Clipboard-2.jpg

Also, I cannot see the bottom of the image but is there when I open he control laser/view

@jorgemarmo If you trace the same line twice, you get 2 vector paths. Hit delete to remove it, unless you want a double line.

@jorgemarmo If you are using a DXF you must reload the file after changing settings, as denoted by the * on all menus that do not take effect until reloading. It is written in the manual "§ DXF Options (note: options marked with * only have an effect at load)"

The hatch is limited by resolution, if your shapes are small it's possible the hatch will overlap slightly but the laser width is 0.1 to 0.15 so the result will not be visible.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.