Question from Newbie regarding DXF's and multiple path issues.

• Hi all,

I have been waiting in the wings watching all the great advice on here that has steered me in the right direction since i bought my first little laser in May. One week with benbox, i immediately purchased T2. What a piece of software. What i couldnt achieve in benbox i at least stood a chance with using this!

Im very new to this world, and until now been getting on ok with raster graphics and using autotrace. Now i have however decided to try and branch into vectors/DXF's and im struggling a little here.

. First i have tried using Illustrator to process a little vector i purchased. I tweaked the vector to my liking and exported as a .DXF. Would not open in T2. I know its my settings as opposed to T2, but i hit a wall.

. I downloaded Inkscape and my life became immediately easier. It opened up my work from Illustrator fine, and it also let me export a .DXF of my vector to open in T2! great!

However....what i am seeing on my vector is lots and lots of lines in a diagonal direction, looking almost like drawn paths. I wondered if you could just advise me what i am doing wrong in Illustrator/Inkscape to produce this issue? and how i possibly rectify it?

I have 2 screenshots of my issue below. Any help will be hugely appreciated because aside from this line issue, everything else looks to be transferring brilliantly!

https://ibb.co/c1tuwk

https://ibb.co/b5KZwk

Thank you so much in advance, any advice would be fantastic.

Neal. (the newbie)

2 things. First check out my inkscape tutorial on making vectors for t2

Youtube Video

second if you want I can take a look at your file and see whats up with it. Just post it here or somewhere with a link and I'll see what is up.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@nealtdavies Uncheck the LW Polyline option on export, there's a bug in the Inkscape DXF when using that mode.

• @nottingham82 Thank you for the response, i will take a look at your tutorial to get to grips with it more!

Thanks again,

Neal

• @Zax Deselecting that did the trick immediately! Thank you so much!!

I was starting to think the idea was doomed!

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.