MANA SE: unused connectors. Part 1 (незадействованные разъемы. Часть 1)

• Hello everybody.
    I will write in Russian, so this is my native language, and duplicate in English.
    Forgive me for maybe the wrong translation!

Like many here, I bought a laser engraver EleksMaker A5 with a laser 2.5W
    I bought it, I recieved it, I collected it.
    On the electronics board MANA SE, after assembly 3 unused connectors were left. And now I want to tell you how I tried to use them.

Just want to warn you that everything that I will tell is solely my opinion, based precisely on my copy of the machine and the board! I am not responsible for your use of the ideas I proposed, Everything you do - do it at your own peril and risk!

PART 1. Connector "MOTOR".
    Everyone knows that the quality of laser work is improved when is blown the cutting / engraving area .
    The easiest way to do this is to use an ordinary computer fan (from an old power supply, from an old housing, etc.) with a voltage of 12V
    According to the picture, the output of the "MOTOR" board should be given exactly 12V, but it turned out not to be so. This output is only activated when the laser is turned on in power mode, and about 4V is applied to this connector.
    To connect a fan to 12V you need to somehow raise the voltage. For this, I used a stabilized enhancement module, bought on Aliexpress (here is the link to this module [http://u.to/nAEeEA])
    The peculiarity of this module is that at any incoming voltage in the range 3 - 40 V at the output it is possible to obtain the desired stabilized voltage. For adjustment, you need to connect a voltmeter to the output connectors and tweak the potentiometr to achieve an output voltage of 12V
    The connection scheme is very simple, here's the picture:
    0_1504110277905_pic.jpg
    As a result, when the laser is turned on to any power (except the aiming mode), the fan turns on. You can hang the fan on the laser head, you can simply put it on the workpiece, directing it to the cutting site.

I hope this idea is useful to someone.
    In the future I will try to describe the use of other unused connectors on the MANA SE board
    Привет всем.
    Как и многие здесь я купил на Banggood лазерный конструктор EleksMaker A5 с лазером 2.5W
    Купил, получил, собрал.
    На плате электроники MANA SE после сборки остались 3 неиспользуемых разъема. И сейчас я хочу рассказать как я попытался их использовать.

Сразу хочу предупредить, что всё, что я расскажу - исключительно мое мнение, основанное именно на моем экземпляре станка и платы! Я не отвечаю за использование Вами предложенных мною идей, Все, что Вы делаете - делаете на свой страх и риск!

ЧАСТЬ 1. Разъем "MOTOR".
    Все знают, что качество работы лазера улучшается при обдуве места резки/гравировки.
    Проще всего для этой цели использовать обычный компьютерный вентилятор (от старого блока питания, от старого корпуса и т.п.) напряжением 12В
    Согласно картинке, на выход "MOTOR" платы должно подаваться именно 12В, но это оказалось не так. Это выход задействуется только в момент включения лазера в режиме мощности, и на этот разъем приходит около 4В.
    Для подключения вентилятора на 12В нужно как-то поднять напряжение. Для этого я использовал стабилизированный повышающий модуль, купленный на Aliexpress (вот ссылка на этот модуль [http://u.to/nAEeEA] )
    Особенность этого модуля в том, что при любом входящем напряжении в диапазоне 3 - 40в на выходе можно получить нужное стабилизированное напряжение. Для регулировки нужно подключить к выходным разъемам вольтметр и покрутив подстроечный резистор добиться выходного напряжения в 12в
    Схема подключения очень простая, выше есть картинка:

В результате, при включении лазера на любую мощность (кроме режима прицеливания) включается вентилятор. Можно подвесить вентилятор на лазерную головку, можно просто поставить на обрабатываемую деталь, направив в место реза.

Надеюсь эта идея кому-то пригодится.
    В дальнейшем я постараюсь описать использование остальных незадействованных разъемов платы MANA SE

This post is deleted!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@sg495 Excellent.

The motor output is 12VDC but it is PWM switched (to control the motor speed) so with a typical volt meter you are seeing the average voltage. With an oscilloscope you would see the real signal is a switched 12VDC.

• @Zax
    Probably. I do not have an oscillograph .... I described the real possibility of using the connector, without deepening the features

• @sg495 thanks for this... I had asked this question in another thread but no one had responded... I had connected a fan to these two pins but it just spun slowly and now I know why... it was only 4V! I had toyed with the idea of simply connecting it to the main 12V jack input terminals but I think yours is a more acceptable solution... look forward to seeing what else you come up with !

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@PhotonPhil At full power (255 on my firmware or 1000 on Eleks) the output is a constant 12VDC, it's only at lower power settings you will see a variable voltage from 0 to 12VDC.

• @Zax
    Hello
    If you use my method, then the voltage will be constantly 12v and you should not think about this!

• @PhotonPhil
    Hello
    Thanks for the feedback! Soon there will be new ideas! :)

• @zax @sg495 sorry... are you saying I shouldnt do this?... would it be better to simply hook it to the direct 12v feed coming into the board at the power supply plug?

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.