Settings to cut 3mm felt

• Hello all,

I am a fresh owner of a EleksLaser-A3 Pro 2500mW , searching for the best software to use for the laser I end up on the T2laser.

Please help me regarding following questions:

• is there a set of initial settings to be done ?
    • can I find somewhere a manual for software ?
    • my goal is to use the laser to cut 3mm felt , if anyone is doing this maybe can share the best settings.

Many thanks.

This post is deleted!

• Developer of T2Laser Software

@kempo Most colors of felt will cut OK, you should use laser max 255 and feed rate of 80 and do 2 or 3 passes to ensure all fibers are cut. There may be a few still not cut, if so you could go down to 60 for feed rate.

The manual is in the Help menu, or press Shift-F1.

You can save the settings as a Profile so in future it is simple to load them.

• Hi Zax ,

Removed the dust from laser and start doing trials ( winter time) , I have the right parameters for cutting but unfortunately seems that 0 ( zero) is not quite right , any idea why ? Hardware issue ? Also the laser is cutting in "mirror" , I have tried to reverse X , Y axis from software but it is not taken into consideration...

Thank you.!
    0_1514309999609_zero.jpg

• better example : 0 ( zero) is not "closed" compared with a circle that is "closed"

0_1514312800050_1x.jpg

0_1514312811298_2x.jpg

Try a different font. Some fonts have closure issues. Since everything else looks good I would guess font issue.

• Developer of T2Laser Software

It looks like a mechanical issue, if the font looks correct on screen it will work OK as well.

Looks like your connection to Offical Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.